Taylor Swift CAN'T SING!

TN.Frank

• Members

Anyone else feel that way? She's a sweet girl but she can't carry a tune in a bucket. She's often flat and sounds like she's out of breath. Don't have a clue why she won 3 awards at the CMA's tonight. One being Entertainer of the Year. Kenny, Keith or Brad were much more deserving of that award. Guess it's not who ya' know it's, well, you see where I'm coming from here. LOL. :confused:

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know, man...

She sings better than I do, in any case. Then again, that's probably not saying much :facepalm:.

I think she's an excellent vocalist. I'm pretty critical of vocalists, and I've never really had an issue with her singing. I have met people that don't care for her voice, though, so you're definitely not alone. Maybe there's something about the quality of her voice that appeals to some folks and not to others :idk:.

• Members

There are women in country music who have absolutely flawless and fabulous vocals, whether live or studio. Way too many to name. Patty Loveless and Martina Mcbride for starters. That said, TS is still very young. Who knows how far she will go? 3 awards at the CMA's tonite? Not sure I'd agree on that one either. Nothing against her though. She's a cutie and carries herself well for her age. Looks and class can go a long way, in addition to talent.

Honestly are there any ugly women in country music? Not many :love:.

• Members

I had to stop that video. She was indeed singing flat and didn't have the power to be heard. Sorry.

I've seen at least a half-dozen kids at my local open mic who could bury her in the talent dept. Here's but a few:

9ry2hZbJbi4

PGLqtseiymo

K_9DEDPRSOM

• Members

I didn't see her performance on the CMA's but what's not to like?

She's a young lady who has made it in the music business by singing, playing guitar, and writing her own songs. Sure, she's easy on the eyes but she's doesn't prance around looking like a stripper or a hooker like some of the young women in the music biz.

She seems like a good role model and I have no problem letting my daughters listen to her music or watch her videos or concerts.

Here's to you, Taylor Swift!:thu:

• Members

A local reviewer once referred to Kelly Clarkson's "reed thin voice" and I knew what he meant the first time I heard Taylor Swift sing live (well, all right, on TV but sans studio effects). I'm sure she's a sweet girl and I like her songwriting but as a performer, meh. Last season on "Nashville Star," they booted people off fairly early who sing better than she does.

• Members

I watched that video above. She has a power band. Above or below she struggles trying to punch it out. Definitely no Pat Benatar or Nancy Wilson. Anyway, like Riff remarks, flavor of the moment. I wish her a happy and successful 15 minutes.

exactly i highly doubt she will be around in 10 years.

• Members

She's clearly marketed for pre-teen and teenage girls...my daughter and all her friends absolutely adore her...Taylor and her songwriting partners are masters at writing songs that capture the teen experience...and you girls just eat that stuff up.

• Members

She's clearly marketed for pre-teen and teenage girls...my daughter and all her friends absolutely adore her...Taylor and her songwriting partners are masters at writing songs that capture the teen experience...
and you girls just eat that stuff up

LOL! :D

FWIW, I'm 40 and a dad of 2 boys so I'll probably never have to hear her stuff if she were to be more than just a flash in the pan. OTOH I pray that my kids never get into Barney teh Big Gay Dinosaur and he's been around for 20 years. :facepalm:

• Members

I agree with ya' 100% Terry. Carrie Underwood is great looking AND has pipes. The reason Taylor sound good on her albums is because of voice correction software. She sounds NOTHING at all live like she does on her studio stuff.

My God man, Jeniffer Nettles totally blew away Taylor's performance last night. JN has some great pipes too. Like I said, she's a sweet girl and knows how to charm people but as for having pipes, I've also seen better get the boot on American Idol where Carrie and Kelly both came out on top.

You want a song that'll tear your heart out, give this a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIyxkZod2cM

• Members

Given that she's almost certainly got a vocal coach, sings for a living, etc., she ought to be way better than she is.

But times being what they are, the records come first, and the product that comes out there is very radio friendly. Lots of hooks, sugary voice country girl, etc. Looks good on video. It was only a matter of time before Nashville went Autotune.

Archived