Taylor Swift CAN'T SING!

TN.Frank

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think it's fair to compare her to Brittney and such. She does write songs, and I think does a very nice job at it. Yes her vocals are lacking without heavy studio production, but she has talent just not pipes. That's a good step ahead of those who don't have talent or the voice, but are pop stars anyway.

Jennifer Nettles can really sing! Ever see the Crossroads with her singing with Bon Jovi? Taylor, OTOH, did a Crossroads with Def Leppard and... :facepalm:

• Members

Ah, who cares. Truth-be-told I wouldnt listen to her even if she sang like an angel. I have the "anti-country music" gene, so you see, it's not my fault. I was born north of the mason-dixon.

Flat is the new perfect pitch!

:p

Frets, that is the funniest thing you have ever said here. :D

• Members

I actually did laugh out loud all by myself here when I read this. (But it is against my religion to type "LOL" under any conditions.)

You're so cool. You don't get bogged down in those internety things.

I have no idea who that is, and I am not ashamed

So ignorance is hailed as a virtue now? Bravo!

I have never in 30 years listened to a Madonna song all the way through, and yet I am able to sit up and take nourishment, go to work and find my way back home again.

Wow, that's pretty unbelievable. No, seriously, I don't believe you.

Gentlemen, synchronize your watches...

For what? More pithy comments from you?

• Members

You're so cool. You don't get bogged down in those internety things.

So ignorance is hailed as a virtue now? Bravo!

Wow, that's pretty unbelievable. No, seriously, I don't believe you.

For what? More pithy comments from you?

Hey goofball. you can kiss my ass in Macy's window you mammering spur-galled clack-dish.

• Members

I don't get why everyone is giving her so much crap. Yes, her voice is lacking live, but at least its actually her singing, unlike Ashley Simpson. Her live voice is her only real true fault.

She plays guitar okay, whereas many teen idols can't play an instrument at all, and usually hide behind dancing.

And as a songwriter (assuming she is the primary writer of her songs) she does pretty well. I think the songs are better and have better lyrics than those of other teen idols.

And I have to admit I think she is hot.

• Members

Did you hear her acceptance speech last night at the 43rd Annual CMA Awards:

Taylor Swift said,"And I want to thank every single person in this room tonight, um............. for not running up on the stage during the speech. Thank you!"

smiley-face-bouncing-008.gif

• Members

I'm not so much giving Taylor "crap" as I am just perplexed at how she got Entertainer of the Year against Brad Pasiley, Keith Urban and Kenny Chenstney. Those guys are suppose to put on one heck of a great show, more like an event even. How she came out on top against em' is beyond me.

• Members

I am definitely not a Taylor hata' ... I think there's a lot to like about her (and no, not just her looks). But, I'm in the camp of those who don't really care for her voice, although I can listen to her music without it being painful (which is good, my wife and daughter love her). What I can't believe, is that she beat out Miranda Lambert for Female Vocalist of the Year, or Carrie Underwood for that matter. Miranda could sing circles around that girl any day. So could the others. That was a popularity vote, not possibly justifiable based upon actual ability as a vocalist.

But, that's what these awards are like. I won't lose any sleep over it.

• Members

I'm not so much giving Taylor "crap" as I am just perplexed at how she got Entertainer of the Year against Brad Pasiley, Keith Urban and Kenny Chenstney. Those guys are suppose to put on one heck of a great show, more like an event even. How she came out on top against em' is beyond me.

It seems to me that the Entertainer of the Year award is an award that's very all-encompassing: live show, video performances, public appearances, albums, etc. Kenny Chesney has been touring like a crazy person for a really long time and he seems to be losing some steam. (I applaud him for saying a couple months ago that he would be taking a break.) He also hasn't released a new album since 2008. Keith Urban puts out some really amazing records that do very well, but his live show is nowhere near the fireworks display of Paisley or Swift. Speaking of Paisley, he puts out great records with hits on every one (he did win Male Vocalist of the Year, after all) but he's not really the public presence that Taylor Swift is. She not only puts out solid records, has a great live show (whether or not you think she can sing, her live show is incredibly entertaining), and makes successful music videos, but she's got crossover appeal and does great on TV, radio, etc.

Basically, this is pop music, folks. Grains of salt all around. I'm a Taylor Swift fan, but I'm a fan of her's for what she is: a pop musician.

• Members

All awards shows, not just the CMA, have been "pre-decided"* for many years...the Money Men decide who gets the awards based on what they want to sell (in this case, that vocally-challenged little girl)...remember when Michael Jackson was the Musician of the Year (even though he plays not a single instrument nor composes anything but dance steps...if those), then King of Rock, then later was the King of Pop?

Same deal. :lol:

* Politically correct term for "rigged".

• Members

I remember a few decades ago when charisma had about as much to do with it as actual talent. Maybe things have come full circle again, and it's going back to that. BTW, those days murdered me. I consider myself a pretty accomplished musician and songwriter, but my charisma factor is less than zero. :-(

Archived