Guitar Tuner recommendations needed

slodge

• Members

Looking for a guitar tuner to toss in my case. It either needs to be a clip-on type, or have a microphone - it will be used exclusively on an acoustic.

It ABSOLUTELY has to fit in the storage bin of my guitar case. I already have a great clip on that doesn't fit, so it's pretty much useless for when I'm roaming.

Any recommendations?

• Members

I would recommend the following:

http://www.amazon.com/Korg-AW2G-Clip--Chromatic-Guitar/dp/B001XJBWXG

If you want something a bit more accurate, you can go with this combination:

http://www.amazon.com/Korg-CA-40-Large-Display-Chromatic/dp/B000EE8YPK

http://www.amazon.com/Korg-CM-100L-Contact-Microphone-Tuners/dp/B000WGJ71U

If you want to go cheap, but still have a good tuner, I would recommend this:

http://www.amazon.com/Snark-Instrument-Clip--Chromatic-Tuner/dp/B003VWKPHC

• Members

You can never go wrong with a korg digital hand held tuner. There's also the snark clip on tuner. Those are pretty neat.

Definitely! You cant go wrong with the handheld Korgs. Get a Guitar & Bass one with a microphone. They are portable enough for your case and theyre inexpensive. Theres also ones more accurate depensing on how much you spend but Id centertainly say keep an eye out for Korg :)

• Members

For the most part lately I've been using
this on my iPhone

gtk-feature.png

It's very accurate and works better than a clip on. It also has a bunch of other useful functions. (Metronome, chord library, etc.)

If I'm in a noisy place I use an
Intelli

41CIASRIYpL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I agree with the Iphone apps. I've used mine exclusively for almost a year. Easy to use, accurate, it's chromatic for alternate tunings, you'll always have it hand, and it's the best $1.99 I've ever spent.

• Members

Ever tried this Planet Waves tuner? Large display, easy to read, and, (to my ears) it's pretty accurate. I got one a few months ago and I love it.

I have one. I love the low profile. Doesn't seem quite as accurate as my Intellitouch Classic though, which I use the most.

• Members

I'm a big fan of the Korg AW-2G.

I am NOT a fan of the Snark. Perhaps it's just a problem with mine, but it's simply not accurate enough. I use the Snark at home, but it's just not reliable enough to use on stage. I generally have to "fine tune" after using it.

The Korg is perfect every time.

• Members

I have both the Intellitouch (actually two different models of these) and the Snark. I prefer the Snark.

And if you have an iPhone, get the Peterson strobe app for it. Superb. I bought it on special a year or so ago for $.99.

I had long wanted a Peterson Strobe but they are so costly. When the app came along I figured i would buy it. The regular price at that time was $9.99. When they went on special for under a dollar, I jumped on it. Somebody here on this forum alerted me to the special. Thank you, whoever you are/were.

• Members

My Snark's battery just died. So that's about seven months now. The Snark is great for jams or practicing, but for recording and/or gigs I get quicker more accurate results using a Peterson Stroboflip inline.

• Members

My Snark's battery just died. So that's about seven months now. The Snark is great for jams or practicing, but for recording and/or gigs I get quicker more accurate results using a Peterson Stroboflip inline.

Accurate, I can understand, but quicker? Could you elaborate? You have piqued my curiosity.

• Members

Accurate, I can understand, but quicker? Could you elaborate? You have piqued my curiosity.

They kind of go hand in hand. The time saved comes from not "sweetening." I'll keep the Flip open and on on top of my Loudbox. If I'm out of tune, I'll mute the amp with a footswitch, pluck the offending string and tune up or down accordingly.

It's probably true that a quick twist w/ the Snark is faster and more than in tune enough for the audience, but being out of tune distracts me from my playing, so I keep packing along the Peterson.

• Members

They kind of go hand in hand. The time saved comes from not "sweetening." I'll keep the Flip open and on on top of my Loudbox. If I'm out of tune, I'll mute the amp with a footswitch, pluck the offending string and tune up or down accordingly.

It's probably true that a quick twist w/ the Snark is faster and more than in tune enough for the audience, but being out of tune distracts me from my playing, so I keep packing along the Peterson.

I'm witcha.

• Members

I ordered a Snark this morning.

It's cheap enough so that if I don't like it I can toss it in the box with the other tuners, capos, etc. that never grabbed me without pain.

I used to rely on a tuning fork and my ear, but sometimes around a campfire or fireplace my ear isn't as reliable as I'd like.

Archived