Is your recording / mix any good? Find out here!

• Members

Hey headswitch, i listened to your song.

I appreciate the fact that you used an odd time signature for the song. One criticism i could give that song is the repetitiveness of it. I think it needs to change a lot more throughout. I'm a drummer and i know those drums were sampled but I think they needed to do a little bit more. The guitar playing was all tight, but like i said, i think that rhythem guitar needs to do something different at some points, because it gets very repetitive. The song already has a very defined feel to it, so If i were you, I would try to put some busy guitar work in there and try to give that song some energy.

oh and i don't know if this is just a technical error or not, but the song i downloaded doesn't really end, it just kinda stops at 3:27, if that's how the song ends then definetly try to tighten that up.

all in all it's a cool song man, definetly stick with it.

• Members

Originally posted by coldmetalcore

Hey headswitch, i listened to your song.

I appreciate the fact that you used an odd time signature for the song. One criticism i could give that song is the repetitiveness of it. I think it needs to change a lot more throughout. I'm a drummer and i know those drums were sampled but I think they needed to do a little bit more. The guitar playing was all tight, but like i said, i think that rhythem guitar needs to do something different at some points, because it gets very repetitive. The song already has a very defined feel to it, so If i were you, I would try to put some busy guitar work in there and try to give that song some energy.

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated. :) I know what you mean about the drums, I have thought about tweaking them but I lost the original track...

I think I'll resurrect this project when I have the time and see what I can come up with.

oh and i don't know if this is just a technical error or not, but the song i downloaded doesn't really end, it just kinda stops at 3:27, if that's how the song ends then definetly try to tighten that up.

all in all it's a cool song man, definetly stick with it.

Actually, the song should be 4:46 in lenght... Got to check if it uploaded correctly.

Thanks again for the input. :)

• Members

I posted this in the Recording Forum, but I didn't get much of a response. I'm thinking it was so great that nobody knew what advice to give , or so bad that it was beyond any advice that could help it. I have sort of a beginners set-up, not "state-of-the-art" by any means, but I would like to make the most out of the limited gear I do have. Anyway, here's my original post:

I've been involved with home recording/mixing for sometime and although I have improved somewhat, I'm never completely satisfied with the result. My goal is to one day be able to make recordings that sound somewhat professional, though I realize I still have a ways to go, which can be quite frustrating, artistically.

Anyway, I could really use some opinions on a recording/mix I just did. Please let me know what you think.

http://www.soundclick.com/artist/7/keithdominique_music.htm

Also, apologies for posting this in a separate thread. I'm new to this forum, and didn't see the dedicated thread at the top of the page. If I could request that the moderator delete my previous thread, it would be appreciated. It's a bit embarrassing. :rolleyes:

• Members

Hey there people ,... I posted this at Craig's forum because that's where I hung out the last few years but realized some of you don't go there,........

:

I'm looking for some feedback on my band's first work.

The vocals will be recorded this week and the drums need some adjustment but further it's a finished product.

SPAM: so if you like funky disco,.... download here :

funkadisco

Please gimme some feedback,... Good ,Bad,.... whatever.... we need to know what people think so far,.. especially you guys goes I know you's got good earsfunkadisco

• Members

Originally posted by GuitarPLayer61990

www.purevolume.com/vitaeterna
song called every lady loves a sure bet. I tracked the band, mixed and "mastered" them, all done by a 15 year old (me). Advice please, i already know vocals need to be turned up, toms repanned, and cymbals im going to run the sonic maximizer on. Thanks,

Danny

bump

• Members

Originally posted by boosh

Hey there people ,... I posted this at Craig's forum because that's where I hung out the last few years but realized some of you don't go there,........

:

The vocals will be recorded this week and the drums need some adjustment but further it's a finished product.

funkadisco

Please gimme some feedback,... Good ,Bad,.... whatever.... we need to know what people think so far,.. especially you guys goes I know you's got good ears
funkadisco

its pretty good, snare sounds like a 70's snare, but why did you put bass on the right side? You should put it center in the mix.

• Members

I'm just going to state my views and I'll be done. Myself, along with probably 99% of the other Engineers mix with the bass in the center. Don't single me out. And also, Im remixing because yes there is a lack of low end. But then again, I'm 15 and mixed the whole thing by myself, and I have no idea what I'm doing... :rolleyes:

Ill change the link too, yes it is called a Comma. And if you want I can get in a discussion for now I wont. Ask everyone else why its done that way.

• Members

Please listen - new song - virtual top 10 hit!

i am terribly proud of this new song i've written and recorded. it's called "pop child" and it has the sixty-pop-rock-vibe i aimed for. i think if a well known UK would release it as a single, it would be a top 10 hit!

i consider the mix finished although i tried not to touch to much and let it almost as i recorded. afterall its a demo and it has not to be perfect, but lemme know what you think about the recording quality and the song itself!

every comment welcome!

http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0YDYGELNUUN1Q2YCXAH4XLZVM4

• Members

www.purevolume.com/vitaeterna song called every lady loves a sure bet. I tracked the band, mixed and "mastered" them, all done by a 15 year old (me). Advice please, i already know vocals need to be turned up, toms repanned, and cymbals im going to run the sonic maximizer on.

The vocals need some work (which you already noticed). I'm not a big fan of the autopan thing you have going on with the guitar in the beginning, but that is completely subjective. I would defintely cut down the length of the intro. I am not one of these "The intro has to be less than 30 seconds" type of people, but the intro just didn't hold my interest well enough for it to be over a minute.

Considering your age, you are doing a great job. Keep it up.

• Members

funkadisco

Damn, that sounds good. Unforunately, I can't even come up with a single suggestion. Everything in the mix is perfectly clear on my monitors. I look forward to hearing it with the vocals.