Explain your moniker

Mark L

• Members

I actually was trying to sign in as Ken/Eleven Shadows but had difficulty, so I used Ustad Khan Ali instead. This is, I suppose, my stage name for the band that I play guitar and keyboards in, Nectarphonic. The drummer had one, so I figured I'd come up with one too. Didn't wanna be left out. In retrospect, I probably should have made it Blueberry Buddha for the name of my recording studio.

The avatar is just because I like it and it says AfroKen. "Ken" apparently means "dog" in Japanese...but it's also my first name, which means "handsome" in Old Irish. My parents apparently named me "handsome" and not "dog", although I can't be 100% sure.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well we all have a face

That we hide away forever

And we take them out and

Show ourselves

When everyone has gone

Some are satin some are steel

Some are silk and some are leather

They're the faces of the stranger

But we love to try them on

Well we all fall in love

But we disregard the danger

Though we share so many secrets

There are some we never tell

Why were you so surprised

That you never saw the stranger

Did you ever let your lover see

The stranger in yourself?

Don't be afraid to try again

Everone goes south

Every now and then

You've done it, why can't

Someone else?

You should know by now

You've been there yourself

Once I used to believe

I was such a great romancer

Then I came home to a woman

That I could not recognize

When I pressed her for a reason

She refused to even answer

It was then I felt the stranger

Kick me right between the eyes

Well we all fall in love

But we disregard the danger

Though we share so many secrets

There are some we never tell

Why were you so surprised

That you never saw the stranger

Did you ever let your lover see

The stranger in yourself?

Don't be afraid t try again

Everyone goes south

Every now and then

You've done it why can't

Someone else?

You should know by now

You've been there yourself

You may never understand

How the stranger is inspired

But he isn't always evil

And he isn't always wrong

Though you drown in good intentions

You will never quench the fire

You'll give in to your desire

When the stranger comes along.

the stranger-billy joel

• Members

My parents chose the first name from a semi well known very wealthy distant relative who had King as his middle name. He died and didn't leave me a penny. But then, he probably didn't know I existed, much less was named after him.

I am none of these Richard King's: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_King

Nor am I this Richard King: http://mixonline.com/mixline/genelec-8050a-king-121807/ While I don't have this Richard King's history (or talent), I am always open and available to accept some free equipment in exchange for an endorsement.

• Members

Back in the 90s I used the moniker "Dolby" as it was a nickname I picked up while in electronics school. In more recent years I've changed to my initials combined with my birth year.

My avatar is my daughter with my '59 Gibson LP jr. circa 1993/4.

• Members

I play alot of war/stratagy games and so my name is from a special german unit that fought in WW2

I have had this name since '98 in one form or another (clan tags)

the men that fought in this unit was called the Brandenburgers and unit was called Brandenburg. The 1st battalion of the Brandenburg standarten (regiment) was formed in 1939 in Brandenburg.. Shortly there after the other 2 battalions were formed in 1940.. By the end of the war, this regiment was a Panzer Grenadier Division (armored infantry) and was attached to the Gross Deutchland Korp which was also originally a regiment in 1939..

The original regiment was very special indeed and was strictly a special ops unit This unit answered to the Deutch Abwehr (german Intelligence) headed by Admiral Canaris. Some of the men in these companie's could literally speak 8 languages fluently...

Here is a avatar i use for the forums at http://www.wargamer.com/forums/ ( name is KG_Brandenburg there)... the artwork was done by me and the Stahl Helm was the emblem for the gross Deutchland Regiment/division/korp and has a Brandenburg Eagle Crest inside.. This is a pretty close representation of the divisional emblem BTW

• Members

Mine happened one Halloween on MusicPlayer.com we were changing Avatars and altering screen names for the holiday. Mine is a reference to an episode from Buffy The Vampire Slayer. After Halloween I was unable to switch back to my original screen name, so just left it Hush :-)

• Members

Well, my first name is Dave, and my studio is called Lakeside Studios. It's nowhere near a lake, but it would be nice if it were. I kind of named it as a tribute to Karl Wallinger's (World Party) Seaview Studios, which was in Holloway, London, and nowhere near the sea. Kind of ironic, see.

• Members

Well, my first name is Dave, and my studio is called Lakeside Studios. It's nowhere near a lake, but it would be nice if it were. I kind of named it as a tribute to Karl Wallinger's (World Party) Seaview Studios, which was in Holloway, London, and nowhere near the sea. Kind of ironic, see.

How much do you charge?

I'd love to record some of my songs properly :)

• Moderators

I guess I can explain my moniker, even if it is my name.

I was born Albert Stanely Jones Knight III. My father was not Jr. but II. He very much wanted an III. Me. My mom wasn't into it. She said, or so the story goes, "OK, we'll call him that on the certificate but we'll really call him..

Al... no

Bert... no

Stan... no

ley..

Lee...

We'll call him Lee.

• Members

The name "Tucktronix", taken from my last name of Tucker, was sort of a "stage name" that I gave myself during my techno music phase in the mid-to-late 80's(name was first spelled ending with "ics"). The term stuck even after growing out of that phase.

Archived