Explain your moniker

Mark L

• Members

first I was nightlytoke. Then I went through a dryspell and decided I was no longer worthy of the name so I changed it to toke. Then I decided the name wasn't interesting enough so i changed it to T?k.

now I can't log in without having to find my name somewhere on the forums and copy and pasting it. :mad:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Once again I arrive late to the party -- past my bedtime!

My first bedroom studio was a 4-track cassette, so I liked to call it White Noise studio. When I finally learned that the name had been taken, I needed a new one. Looking around the place I noticed the studio mascot (the only one I could afford). I used the studio name for my moniker as well.

• Members

Mine is an abbreviation of the name of the absurdist audio theater group to which I belong--the Magnificent Glass Pelican. I chose it when I first registered at MP and have perpetuated it ever since, not because I feel well-defined by it (not at all really--I am much more into music than the radio theater thing) but just for continuity. My real name is John. My name is not a mispelling of Magpie, as one of the registration workers at AES once insisted it must be...

• Members

My first day of kindergarten (1961) the teacher took roll call. I was looking around like everybody else trying to figure out why this "Clyde" asshole wasn't answering. He was nowhere to be found.

I had no idea it was me. I had been called "SKEETER". Which is what my family and most people I know still call me.

My mother had a time convincing me my name was really Clyde.

I mean, I was in school and everything, an educated young man, and I KNEW by God what MY name was.

So, I kind of had a built in stage name and chat room moniker.

Archived