Fender's new American Professional series - Edit: Which ones would you like HC to review?

Phil O'Keefe

Of course I asked Fender if we could check a couple out and give them our Expert Review treatment... and I've already heard back from them. They'd like to know which ones we'd like to check out. :cool2:

So now it's YOUR turn! Please weigh in and let me know which of the models you're most interested in. Whichever ones get the most nods, that's what I'll ask them to send us to review. But don't delay! I'd like to reply to them by sometime tomorrow, so have a look and let me know which ones you're voting for ASAP please!

I'm going to request one guitar and one bass... :wave:

• Moderators

"the Tele® Deluxe, Jaguar® and Jazzmaster® with the later featuring a rich voice, flexible electronics and Fender’s new V-Mod Jazzmaster pickups"

I'm certain they meant 'latter'...pretty shoddy not to have an educated person proofread your press releases...I'm jus'sayin'...:wave:

This looks to me like nothing more than a way for Fender to up-charge for more of the same. If these are real improvements, at all, remains to be seen. That said, as I don't own any of their offsets, I'd be interested in the Jaguar and Jazzmaster.

Listening to the demos, I'm really not grasping much advantage...the treble bleed circuit? Great idea, but something we have done without for many decades, and incorporated the lack of into the lexicon...seemed like Hendrix, Clapton, SRV, Gatton, Mason, etc managed to do well by Fenders without any of that ...

• Members
I actually own one of the new American professional strats' date=' got it in the new antique olive color with rosewood neck. These play and sound amazing. I am 100% pleased with it. The neck feels spot on, love the new narrow tall frets, new pickups sound rad. Highly recommend one.[/quote']

Great choice of colors. :thu:

"the Tele® Deluxe' date=' Jaguar® and Jazzmaster® with the[i'] later [/i]featuring a rich voice, flexible electronics and Fender’s new V-Mod Jazzmaster pickups"

I'm certain they meant 'latter'...pretty shoddy not to have an educated person proofread your press releases...I'm jus'sayin'...:wave:

I find typos, sentence syntax errors and even significant and obvious factual mistakes in major publications and on major websites all the time. Unfortunately writing and editorial quality has been drastically slipping since the dawn of the Internet era. Now it's more important to get it out fast than it is to get it done right - at least that's how it appears. :(

• Moderators

And, sadly, our language suffers from the expediency. It just kills me how poorly we Americans write. We have lost sight of the values of quality performance for the sake of 'git'erdun'..a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of a travesty of two mockeries of a sham..[W.A.]

Archived