Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had an epiphany last night...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i get what youre saying and thats cool, etc. but...

thats like a homebuilder thats enjoys building great, quality houses so much that theyve never heard of a window.

oke:

who has time for windows when there's so many walnuts?
    MAN for that kind of thing U got to go Back to the Old boxes from back when!! In those days we would bring are AMPS to the lake and wnen U tilt the Cab down by the water U can see the ****************in DENT it made! With the waves coming off it and Everything ****************!!!!! NOwadays they all play in there Dens and home bars or watever kind of **************** they get up to

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty cool stuff....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP3jSSkmKhw
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNr9zbKwE3Q&feature=related

...but it is sort of funny that you had this epiphany, and now you're here......posting about it.

I think hipsters do that on purpose.......don't know **************** that everyone knows about....just to seem deeper.
      good deals with: nearly everyone.
      Previous Moniker tiles: JoshuaTSP, Science! & GAS KING

Comment

Hey Hux could you post a link to the band?

Comment

or at least post pics? i kind of want to see these beatniks.
          MAN for that kind of thing U got to go Back to the Old boxes from back when!! In those days we would bring are AMPS to the lake and wnen U tilt the Cab down by the water U can see the ****************in DENT it made! With the waves coming off it and Everything ****************!!!!! NOwadays they all play in there Dens and home bars or watever kind of **************** they get up to

Comment

it made me realize, i spend so much time on this damn forum (which is a wealth of knowledge and lulz) that i'm not making music as much as i should or being as creative as i should. this band had one of the most complex & interesting sounds i've heard in a LONG time...their live show was energetic, creative...just incredible....they concerned themselves with writing & performing music, not every piece of gear they could find.

lesson learned: i spend too much time online & not enough playing music.....that has to change.

It's a good lesson to learn, but IMO it's not like there's any direct correlation between your level of interest in gear and the quality of your music. Plenty of smelly hippy types who'd be blown away by the idea of an electric guitar make ****************ty music, plenty of people with a ton of gear make awesome music and vice versa. No need to go Amish with your setup, but if you or I chose to spend less time on HC and use that time to make music I think it would probably be a good idea.

Comment

I had an Epiphone last night...

Fix'd.
              FS: Digitech Whammey IVOriginally Posted by cryptosonictonight, I reverse mounted the toiletOriginally Posted by OperatorWhat kind of **************************** wears a scarf indoors?

Comment

we gots a new fool in town ^
                Originally Posted by Inspector 71

I'm only framus in my own mine.

Originally Posted by riff ie

black hole complementarity, or, you won't feel a thing
                likewise...

Originally Posted by christianatl

I plan on riding my ****************sled through the pussy apocalypse.

Comment

Plenty of smelly hippy types who'd be blown away by the idea of an electric guitar make ****************ty music, plenty of people with a ton of gear make awesome music and vice versa. No need to go Amish with your setup

http://www.theonion.com/articles/man-just-going-to-grab-guitar-and-old-fourtrack-go,20682/
                  {} Most Recent Pedalboard Pic }{ Previously owned pedal list {}

Comment

i know what you feel Matt. But just stay true and do what you want.

it is always good to get a little slap into the right way... but be yourself and dont try to cover others lifestyle! you are intressted in gear and you like to talk about gear. why not?
                    you think it is wrong and you have to do other things? - so just do it.

for me is gear a second hobby... but thats me. I am intressted in music production and the technic behind etc. i give this, my own music and band the same time and respect as my famalie, friends, my coffee in the morning, a good book, being lazy, the work etc. Sure you cant do all things for 100% and you cant do all things at the same time.

- thats life...
                    Good Deals with: CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, Kayzer, kpd78, Neoflox, Sikor, SilenceSketches, Snufkino a. WAWBanks... !!"Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in."

Comment

don't you leave us breau!

we need a resident haircutter.

which delay pedal were they talking about? DD-7 would be my bet. or the hazarai? or flashback?
                      YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

I don't think the two things are mutually exclusive. There's some gear obsessed musicians who write incredible music. When I'm not making music I am thinking about guitars or whatever though. Nothing wrong with being passionate about your instrument.

And for me, the guitars/amps/pedals or whatever is part and parcel of playing and being in love with the instrument. I can't separate the two. So some people aren't interested in gear, you are. No harm done. If you feel you're not giving the best you can give musicality, put more work in. It's not like you can be working on your band 24 hours a day.
                        my band Bloody Mammals on facebook and bandcamp

Comment

Chuck Berry said it best when he was asked why he just checks his gear like luggage at the airport: "It's just tools, man."

I do this with my '59 Gibson, same reason.
                          FS: Digitech Whammey IVOriginally Posted by cryptosonictonight, I reverse mounted the toiletOriginally Posted by OperatorWhat kind of **************************** wears a scarf indoors?

Comment

Plus, do you really want to become a vagabond gear ignorant hipster?

Sure that lifestyle seems cool, and I'm sure being poor and artistic has it's benefits.........it's probably even more attractive to someone that have "given up the dream" someone with a wife, kids, house, decent job.....etc...

On top of that, I've never wanted to be a barista.
                            good deals with: nearly everyone.
                            Previous Moniker tiles: JoshuaTSP, Science! & GAS KING

Comment

I want to say no ****************. in the nicest way possible, because your a nice guy and I don't want to sound like a dick.

this took me to lol town...
                              NEW STUFF FOR SALE! NOW WITH MORE FEELING!

Originally Posted by big_cat

hands down the most valuable forumite

Originally Posted by big_cat

I'm partly serious and fully erect.

Comment

Not that they were smelly hippies.....you could just tell they're incredibly talented and creative....excellent song crafters.

Their recordings are really good, but don't do their live show justice....live they are just massive and engulfing.

It was just a wake up call that I need to start writing more music and just experiment more.

This is them:

http://janejanepollock.bandcamp.com/album/jane-jane-pollock
                                Good deals with: TravvyBear, TD Moyer, modeerf, starmansam, dyer_maker, Reaganomics!, frenchji

Gods of Harvest

Comment

Working...
                                X