I had an epiphany last night...

mhuxtable

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

we played a show last night with one of the most amazing live bands I've ever seen (called Jane Jane Pollock).

We were all talking backstage, being friendly, etc...I could tell these people were incredibly creative & lived an artistic lifestyle...they paint, they play music, they make art, do crafts, etc.

Anyways, we were talking & one of the members was talking about
this pedal he found....it would take your note and repeat it and it would get quieter as it repeated...and it had a tap tempo that you could keep it in time! AND it had some kind of looper on it
....he was amazed by this....

a {censored}ing delay pedal.

it made me realize, i spend so much time on this damn forum (which is a wealth of knowledge and lulz) that i'm not making music as much as i should or being as creative as i should. this band had one of the most complex & interesting sounds i've heard in a LONG time...their live show was energetic, creative...just incredible....
they concerned themselves with writing & performing music, not every piece of gear they could find.

lesson learned: i spend too much time online & not enough playing music.....that has to change.

Sounds like a Strymon El Capistan

• Members

I was thinking about this earlier today. I was recording at a friends house. He has a Timeline + El Cap. I have a VMSD + ML2 + Space. I was talking about how I tried a DMM w/TT once and really wanted one, and also wanted an El Cap, and maybe I could sell the ML2 + VMSD and get the others, blah blah blah...

And just then, a few minutes ago, as I watched videos of El Caps and ML2s and DMMs on Youtube - if I just put a little extra bit of time into fine-tuning what I had instead of constantly searching for the "next" thing, well what could I accomplish?

Who cares of the VERY subtle live performance difference between a VMSD and El Cap if the song being sung over top of it is horrid?

• Members

i'm listening to Punching Jackie

it's so good. so, so good. they get this awesome, kind of electric piano sound on the guitar for this one part in it. woah. i feel like I'm on a cloud. that's the best I can describe this. I can't even tell what they're singing but I don't care because it's just so... bizarrely effective

• 2 weeks later...

Archived