I had an epiphany last night...

mhuxtable

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
well that is one way of looking at it...and we talked about that stuff a bit...they said my pedal board & moogerfoogers looked fun & the sounds were awesome.

but the point is...this guy didn't know jack {censored} about pedals, effects, whatever....but their sound was incredible...the sounds they made were awe inspiring....just made me realize that chasing "that sound" has jack {censored} to do with making great music....the strat they played was some Lotus brand....but their music was beyond amazing.

what do they use for their sound then?? just guitar --> amp with a clean and dirty channel or something?? no tuner even? no pedals whatsoever?? :confused::facepalm: it cant be...

• Members

Your post really is kind of a no brainer, but I've definitely been there and am not gonna hate.

I have a buddy from another band who plays a garbage rig (a squier strat and some $200 Bugera) and if your eyes were closed you'd think he had the rig of the gods.

The key is acknowledging that music and music gear are seperate interests and hobbies. Make sure you don't let your music suffer just because you are waiting to compile the perfect rig before you start writing.

• Members
what do they use for their sound then?? just guitar --> amp with a clean and dirty channel or something?? no tuner even? no pedals whatsoever??
:confused::facepalm:
it cant be...

for guitar i think it was just a guitar into a really reverbed out fender.

but it was all the other stuff they had.....really great drum loops/samples with a real drummer playing off of it. and then more percussion.

an old lowry organ run thru a boss RE-20. another sampler & a vocal mic run thru an RE-20.

bass. lots of other instruments...mandolin that sounded insane through a Fender amp with tons of reverb.

all their amps were solid state fenders.

and before you get all RE-20 is a delay pedal!!!....that guy wasn't playing them...and he was talking about a delay pedal that has a looper & all kinds of weird stuff.

• Members

I was brought up in a very musical household . my parents house it's filled with instruments. none of which are peculiarly nice. I was raised on the wisdom of fixing up {censored} guitars. a guitar over $300 buck s is never worth it according to my parents

• Members

Hux, go to art school, fall in love with a bisexual chick that plays clarinet. She'll have friends, they'll have drugs. You'll form a band with them. You'll question your sexuality. The girl will dump you for the bisexual bassist. The band will break up. You'll be back here.
:lol:

That sounds like the script of a few VH1 documentaries. "And then there were drugs..."

• Members

Listened to the bandcamp, they're definitely pretty good. They're like a {censored}tier Annuals mixed with elements of Eisley and Grizzly Bear. I dig.

I'd go see em live. :thu: Try to join em! You can be in two bands, I'm sure. They'll probably be super impressed by your Moog guitar.

• Members

Listened to the bandcamp, they're definitely pretty good. They're like a {censored}tier Annuals mixed with elements of Eisley and Grizzly Bear. I dig.

I'd go see em live.
:thu:
Try to join em! You can be in two bands, I'm sure. They'll probably be super impressed by your Moog guitar.

You'll know what this means as I also love Annuals and I've seen them dozens of times....

Annuals can't even hold a candle to the live show they put on. Not even close. You especially would have loved it Tom.

Archived