Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had an epiphany last night...

we played a show last night with one of the most amazing live bands I've ever seen (called Jane Jane Pollock).

We were all talking backstage, being friendly, etc...I could tell these people were incredibly creative & lived an artistic lifestyle...they paint, they play music, they make art, do crafts, etc.

Anyways, we were talking & one of the members was talking about this pedal he found....it would take your note and repeat it and it would get quieter as it repeated...and it had a tap tempo that you could keep it in time! AND it had some kind of looper on it....he was amazed by this....

a ****************ing delay pedal.

it made me realize, i spend so much time on this damn forum (which is a wealth of knowledge and lulz) that i'm not making music as much as i should or being as creative as i should. this band had one of the most complex & interesting sounds i've heard in a LONG time...their live show was energetic, creative...just incredible....they concerned themselves with writing & performing music, not every piece of gear they could find.

lesson learned: i spend too much time online & not enough playing music.....that has to change.
    Good deals with: TravvyBear, TD Moyer, modeerf, starmansam, dyer_maker, Reaganomics!, frenchji

Gods of Harvest

See you in chat and we can discuss this.

Comment

harmonycentralfx

Originally Posted by IRG:
      "reunula speaks the trooth"

Comment

yeah, but can they cut hair?
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I had an epiphany last year too: why not stop buying pedals, and actually see what fantastic things I can do with what I have? I'm still working on that...
          Good deals: cpage86, H.R. Shove and Stuff, lank81, Crxsh, Agreed, izesca, thisISjoel, Dr. Picklebottom, sameoldbluesman, themeanreds, Andy315, O'Rourke, dcindc, kgraber, djfrank, CicadaSilence, zygoat, jimihalen, Pointer, letsgocoyote

Comment

all those artsy craftsy types smell like nag champa.
            MAN for that kind of thing U got to go Back to the Old boxes from back when!! In those days we would bring are AMPS to the lake and wnen U tilt the Cab down by the water U can see the ****************in DENT it made! With the waves coming off it and Everything ****************!!!!! NOwadays they all play in there Dens and home bars or watever kind of **************** they get up to

Comment

I have friends that are amazing musicians with great tone and could care less what they use or what else is out there.

Chuck Berry said it best when he was asked why he just checks his gear like luggage at the airport: "It's just tools, man."

Comment

Exactly why i am still using an M13... ive got everything i need there to make the music I do...
                The Black Dove Experiment
                EP Available on iTunes, Amazon and Spotify

Comment

They are probably as easily amazed by a walnut.
                  LOOKING FOR:
                  BLUE BALL MICROPHONE
                  IRON ETHER PEDALS

//////////////////// . R O D H A
                  //////////////
                  /// . J U P I T E R . E F F E C T S
                  /////////////////////////

Comment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

i had an epiphany that i should probably be doing work at my job instead of surfing the net and obsessing about gear.
                      MAN for that kind of thing U got to go Back to the Old boxes from back when!! In those days we would bring are AMPS to the lake and wnen U tilt the Cab down by the water U can see the ****************in DENT it made! With the waves coming off it and Everything ****************!!!!! NOwadays they all play in there Dens and home bars or watever kind of **************** they get up to

Comment

I want to say no ****************. in the nicest way possible, because your a nice guy and I don't want to sound like a dick.
                        Originally Posted by Naterel "All bands suck period"

Comment

It's actually quite an amazing thing... A walnut. Especially with some Comte and a glass of Macvin.

Comment

i get what youre saying and thats cool, etc. but...

thats like a homebuilder thats enjoys building great, quality houses so much that theyve never heard of a window.

oke:

Comment

matt did they miss your set or something?
                              good transactions: themeanreds, OnWingsOfLead, bass_econo, PumpkinPieces, meganutt7, Used666, mrweems, scoogs, TravvyBear, joeya, wiz-ski, conky

Comment

Working...
                              X