Musical new years resolutions?

Kendrix

• Members

I resolve to:

1) Double check that the backup file I thought was written to disc really got there in tact and is readable before I blow away the original. (ouch)

2 NOT finish the production of any mediocre songs. IF it takes me six months to come up with a really worthwhile tune to record - so be it.

3) re: #2: Get better at figuring out what's really worthwhile.

3) Spend a bit more time listening to other new music versus focusing on my stuff.

4) Completely ignore all the debates about:

analgog versus digital,

192K sampling vs 96,48, 44.1

PC vs. Mac

The best DAW

Beatles vs. Stones

Strat vs. Les Paul

Sonic Impact of frequencoes above 20K Hz

.. and just make the best music I can with the very good tools I am lucky to have at my disposal.

5) Try to give as much as I take from the excellent forums I participate in.

6) Really truly get the low bass levels just right on all my mixes. ( yeah right )

And you??

Happy New Year,

• Members

Those are some good ideas.

2 NOT finish the production of any mediocre songs. IF it takes me six months to come up with a really worthwhile tune to record - so be it.

I think I may go the opposite direction on this one. I never finish any songs, I get so caught up in the menutia of trying to make everything perfect that I end up sucking all the life out of it. I think I might start going for a "quick and dirty" approach.

• Members

Yeah,

1. Really make a push with one of the bands I am in, the one that plays my tunes, and see if we can get steady gigs, finish a full length CD and hook up with more simpatico bands. The band has shown/done enough to be worth the effort, one thing I can't "work on" though is the availability of the other members. And if there has been little movement by late spring, let's say, pull the plug and move along.

2. Stop spending on gear. Gotta do it. Sorry, economy. Sorry, MI industry. For me, henceforth until otherwise noted, it's need-based and USED or preferably trades.

• Members

In no particular order after #1:

1) Make some goddamned money.

2) Finally get around to rebuilding the power supply on my ARP 2600. Then sell the bastard.

3) Fix some of the circuit traces on my Korg Polysix. Then sell the bastard.

4) Repair or replace the tailpiece on mah vintage Telecaster. Do not sell that honey.

5) Find some way to get myself an Epi LP. Nothing spectacular... I just think it's time I owned something other than a Fender.

6) Finish tracking and mixing the new album for the local band I'm recording.

7) Find a suitable live/work space and move into it.

8) Win a certain woman's heart.

9) Perhaps pick up one of the Avantone C-12 clones.

10) Either succeed at something, or die.

Archived