VA850 (list 435) for 80

VA851 (list 500) for 100

VA881 (list 865) for 120 [9-button pedal (list 169) for 29]

Prices before shipping

Video demo:

http://img3.harmony-central.com/Video/SNAMM06_First_Act_V-Stack_Amp.mp4

First Act - Buy Here:

http://shop.firstact.com/PublicStore/catalog/Amplifiers,143.aspx

First impressions. I love the fat deep cleans!! This amp just resonates. I'm a little unsure of the overdrive. (I also can't fire her up too loud tonight.) There's a quality I really like in it but something else I can't put my finger on. Almost a nasal quality to the OD. I naturally love the US (Fender setting) But I am also loving the Brit and Bootik amp settings as well. They seem to handle the distortion aspect of the amp better than the Fender setting. It is eerily responsive to picking attack and rolling back the volume. Also appears to take to a pedal well.

I did have the Line 6 Spider III and IMO, these aren't in the same class. While I always felt that line 6 emulated the Fender clean sound nicely, this amp doesn't feel like it's emulating so much as producing the sound. And I know that sounds weird.

Overall, I'm happy with her and excited to keep discovering her. And for $80, this is big fun.

Thanks frets. So, how deep does the reverb get? Pretty wet?

I wasn't overly impressed with it. But I think it does the job of giving a depth presence to the tone. I have a Peavey Prowler with a Fendery spring reverb that gives me lush surf reverb. I don't think this amp can go there. On the other hand, it has a pretty kickass delay effect. I haven't tried the tremelo effect yet.

• Members
First impressions. I love the fat deep cleans!! This amp just resonates. I'm a little unsure of the overdrive. (I also can't fire her up too loud tonight.) There's a quality I really like in it but something else I can't put my finger on. Almost a nasal quality to the OD. I naturally love the US (Fender setting) But I am also loving the Brit and Bootik amp settings as well. They seem to handle the distortion aspect of the amp better than the Fender setting. It is eerily responsive to picking attack and rolling back the volume. Also appears to take to a pedal well.

I did have the Line 6 Spider III and IMO, these aren't in the same class. While I always felt that line 6 emulated the Fender clean sound nicely, this amp doesn't feel like it's emulating so much as producing the sound. And I know that sounds weird.

Overall, I'm happy with her and excited to keep discovering her. And for $80, this is big fun.

Thanks for the clips... I think. I ordered a VA881 and pedal thursday and felt better about my decision after hearing your initial feedback. But NOW, after hearing it (even though the videocam clearly couldn't give us the full fidelity) I CAN'T WAIT for it to GET HERE!!!! :facepalm:

Your comment comparing it to the Line 6 Spider makes me even MORE ANXIOUS to hear it for myself! If you are saying what I think you are saying, that the VA's sound like they are naturally producing those sounds, I just might crap my pants! :eek:

I'll probably replay your clips a couple of times a day until mine arrives. :cry:

• Members

Thanks for the demo's and reviews.

So you have the 30 watt one with the 10" speaker?

I am thinking the 12" in the bigger ones might give it more bottom???? Did you try those out?

Thanks

Thanks for the demo's and reviews.

So you have the 30 watt one with the 10" speaker?

I am thinking the 12" in the bigger ones might give it more bottom???? Did you try those out?

Thanks

I did and they were what initially sold me. I opted for the smaller amp, which in hindsight, given the slight $20 difference might have been a mistake. I have two amps I can gig with so I was just looking for a bedroom amp. That being said, I would have no problem mic'ing this one for a gig. The bottom and clarity with any guitar is extraordinary.

• Members

Do you know how many ms deep the delay will go?Also,how many repeats can it do?Lastly,did you get the optional 2-button footswitch?The smaller 30 watt 1-10 has my interest.

:confused:

Ed

• Members

I ordered my 75 watt and switch late Thursday night. I hope it ships out tomorrow. Hopefull they will send a shipping confirmation email.

Don't count on it. I called to check on my order and the customer service guy said that they don't normally send out shipping info (including tracking number), but if you want to check status you can call them. I ordered mine Thursday during the day, and he said mine would probably go out today, so I suspect yours will too.

But the wait is so H A R D ! ! !

Here's an audio demo I did using the Xaviere with the Power Rock Neovins. Clean is by the FA amp and I used the Boss Fender Reverb pedal for the overdrive. Mic'd by the on board condenser mic on my Roland micro BR. I was a little to hot to the mic so you'll hear some clipping upon occasion.

http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/2041300_uvc5f/NoiselessNeovins.MP3

• Members

Frets, thanks so much for all the clips! Great playing as usual! :thu:

I ordered one 75 watt AV881 on Friday and a second one on Saturday. I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do with the second and that is assuming they have enough stock to honor that second order. But, if I like the amp enough, I'll open the second to run them in stereo. Just imagine getting ping pong delay, or reverb on one and delay on the other, or mixing a chimey clean model with a gritty model....the possibilities are endless! :)

• Members
75W's are sold out...and not a second too soon. I had one in my cart and luckily prior GAS won out. I'm still working on scoring an EBMM Axis sometime this year and it would be a tough sell with another amp.

:eek:

Damn, glad I got my order in. I got it in yesterday so hopefully their online inventory system is accurate and I won't get screwed seeing as I was probably one of the last orders to go in.

Archived