So... First Act Amp Liquidation... Meh.

golias

Frets, thanks so much for all the clips! Great playing as usual!
:thu:

I ordered one 75 watt AV881 on Friday and a second one on Saturday. I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do with the second and that is assuming they have enough stock to honor that second order. But, if I like the amp enough, I'll open the second to run them in stereo. Just imagine getting ping pong delay, or reverb on one and delay on the other, or mixing a chimey clean model with a gritty model....the possibilities are endless!
:)

I look forward to your review. I've read your comments on amps and they go well beyond my, "Geez, I really like the tonez I'm getting here!"

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's an audio clip. I mic'd the amp with the built in condenser mic on my Roland Micro BR. Using the Reverb, delay and light OD.

That is really nice. Can't wait to get it.... sure seems loke a lot of people ordered these... or multiples.

I wonder if they will all ship? Hope so - great clip Fretts

• Members

Those amps look and sound good.

I almost ordered one. But I stopped myself.

My name is Bill. I am a amp-a-holic.

Now, you need to take the first 2 steps....

Honesty

Step 1. Admitted that you are powerless over amplification.

Hope

Step 2. Come to believe that a power greater than yourself can restore your sanity. Believe in the power of amplification! ;)

First Act just called me. They wanted to make sure I meant to order 2 amps and it wasn't some kind of error on my part. It wasn't!

Plus, Rob, from Valvetech Amplifier Company, just emailed me to confirm he received my bench-payment for my Hayseed 15 head. He'll have the amp finished and shipped sometime this week! My name is Cliff and I'm an Ampaholic! :facepalm:

• Members
I was doing research because I can't find any literature on that. I may just have to call First Act. Have you heard the audio clip where I'm using it?

Yes,the clip you did sounded quite full and lush.Plus,I liked the playing,as well.Question:Was the delay on full?To my ears,it sounded to be set to around 300-350 ms.Btw,are all of the fx adjustable?Thanks for your reply,Frets.

Ed

Yes,the clip you did sounded quite full and lush.Plus,I liked the playing,as well.Question:Was the delay on full?To my ears,it sounded to be set to around 300-350 ms.Btw,are all of the fx adjustable?Thanks for your reply,Frets.

Ed

Thank you! It was not up full for sure. I'm a minimalist! :D

For the delay, there are two knobs governing depth and rate. All the effects have two knobs governing two different aspects of the effect.

• Members
Thank you! It was not up full for sure. I'm a minimalist!
:D

For the delay, there are two knobs governing depth and rate. All the effects have two knobs governing two different aspects of the effect.

Thanks.If it can get to at least around 800ms,it would work for me.

Ed

• Members

I was just reading an old thread about the V-Stack amps over on the GearPage. Did anyone realize that the speakers withing these combos are full range? I missed that part. Some people have reported these amps work well through guitar speakers as well.

Funny, the old thread turned into new posts reporting the price blowout. Then, the GP people went through the same GAS attack as we here! :lol:

I'll post the link....but GP links seem to be foiled. So, if the link doesn't work, search V Stack on the GP. :thu:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=198931&highlight=v+stack

• Members
I was just reading an old thread about the V-Stack amps over on the GearPage. Did anyone realize that the speakers withing these combos are full range? I missed that part. Some people have reported these amps work well through guitar speakers as well.

Funny, the old thread turned into new posts reporting the price blowout. Then, the GP people went through the same GAS attack as we here!
:lol:

Can you blame them? The street price for the amp was 630.00 and the pedal was 140.00.

Cost me under 2 bills delivered! :thu:

Funny, the old thread turned into new posts reporting the price blowout. Then, the GP people went through the same GAS attack as we here!
:lol:

I'll post the link....but GP links seem to be foiled. So, if the link doesn't work, search V Stack on the GP.
:thu:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=198931&highlight=v+stack

That is hilarious!!!! The speaker is probably a PA speaker because the V Stack is doing all the coloring but someone said that they used a guitar speaker to great effect as well.

• Members

^ I don't understand. He seems to be talking about cranking the volume knob on each channel (4 channels) to get a bark of gain. You can still keep the master volume low. Also, the VA881 has a boost button which seems to help with getting into gain territory from what I read. But, I'm not sure if the 30w or 50w have that same boost button.

• Members

^ I don't understand. He seems to be talking about cranking the volume knob on each channel (4 channels) to get a bark of gain. You can still keep the master volume low. Also, the VA881 has a boost button which seems to help with getting into gain territory from what I read. But, I'm not sure if the 30w or 50w have that same boost button.

So each channel has a vol. control + an overall master volume? That sounds better.

I'd really like to see an up close of the control panel, but none of the pics provide one.

Archived