September Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Members

MF "Scratch N Dent" sale:

Friday - 15% off

Sat. - 20% off

Sun. - 25% off

Monday - 30% off!!!

As many here know, MF "Scratch N Dent" can yield some great bargains. With the up to 30% off, it's a no brainer.

I can see what they're thinking. They're thinking, "People will buy stuff all weekend, and inventory will go down while discounts go up. So we will only give the largest discounts on a few items."

What I'm thinking is, why wouldn't anyone who wanted anything just wait until 12:00am on Monday morning to buy it, and get the maximum discount?

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Most likely they have one, maybe two tops, of those $99 Squier guitars, any of which is a steal. Not worth the effort for me, although if I thought I could get them with only a phone call and no stress, I'd be in...

I have the DuoSonic--it was $200 from MusicialsFriend a couple of months ago. Very cool looking guitar and feels good. I don't particularly love the stock pickups, but it was a good deal at $200 and for $100...come on...

• Members
^^^

Price match from MF and others?^^^

That's a good idea! Could get messy, though. Most big price match places will only match if the item is in stock. Plus, the sale won't start until tomorrow. They'll really only be on sale for about 1 minute until they're sold out, I imagine.

• Members

GC Labor Day sneak preview. Just in Westwood, CA store and a few clearance signs were up.

1. Fender 52 Hot Rod Tele 899.00 (headstock repaired, did not bother to look)
2. The Gibson Robot blowout. Les Pauls and SGs 754.00. Asked sales person if any thing repaired, he said not. Getting rid of them due to Dark Fire.

• Members
I can see what they're thinking. They're thinking, "People will buy stuff all weekend, and inventory will go down while discounts go up. So we will only give the largest discounts on a few items."

What I'm thinking is, why
wouldn't
anyone who wanted anything just wait until 12:00am on Monday morning to buy it, and get the maximum discount?

Because someone else might get to it before them? :idea:

• Members

^^^

Price match from MF and others?^^^

That's a good idea! Could get messy, though. Most big price match places will only match if the item is in stock. Plus, the sale won't start until tomorrow. They'll really only be on sale for about 1 minute until they're sold out, I imagine.

Not to mention the Victor Litz site is calling all of the items "used", which would kill any price matching.

• Members

not my thing, but someone may have use for .....(from slickdeals...)

"Squier by Fender SE Special Strat Pack Electric Guitar for $109 Shipped
Use Code SE99 On the FINAL checkout page to get $100 off. Shipping is $10.

Note, if you apply the coupon to the cart, it will not work. It must be on the FINAL checkout page where it says "Coupons & Gift Certificates"

Valid until Sep. 8

Includes free strings bonus (Fender Super 250L Nickel/Steel Light Ball End Electric Guitar Strings MSRP: $9.99)"

580547.jpg

• Members

Yeah I bet those Squiers for $99 are already spoken for before the sale starts. Classic GC style bait and switch.

I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over them. This is NOT Guitar Center/Music123/MusiciansFriend.

We know they only have 2 of the classic vibes, and at least one is probably a demo beater. I would guess 1-2 each of the other two $99 Squiers as well...

And I'd guess they'll sell to special friends of the store, or at least customers who come in all the time.

Archived