• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
O.K. it didn't happen....

inquisition_monty_python.jpg

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

I expect the NGD soon to squash the disbelievers... :thu:

They would not budge anymore at MF as they now consider it a blowout price that they no longer can match so some were lucky but the boss cut it off! They did offer it at the previous $200 price!

• Members

Just FYI...

zzsounds matches/beats the prices on those RWs with no hassle and throws in a free ZOOM G2 pedal (though that might be worthless)

if you take the "spy" email from zzsounds and copy the price link you can get a match at AMS as well...if you prefer dealing with them...

• Members

Just FYI...

zzsounds matches/beats the prices on those RWs with no hassle and throws in a free ZOOM G2 pedal (though that might be worthless)

if you take the "spy" email from zzsounds and copy the price link you can get a match at AMS as well...if you prefer dealing with them...

A the beauty of that is No Taxes.

(some of us fall under the MF tax code anyway.)

• Members
A the beauty of that is No Taxes.

(some of us fall under the MF tax code anyway.)

Don't you pay a use tax to the state on goods purchased online or by phone that weren't charged sales tax when you file your state income taxes? If you don't, you are breaking the law! :cop:

• Members
I was just offered:

Fender American Deluxe Series Telecaster $999

in Aged Cherry/Maple

474880.jpg

was told the Road Worn tele was not on special

I wonder if they would do that in the American Deluxe ASH Series Telecaster?

I'm afraid to call. I think the Ash one is pretty dam expensive, has a larger 'U' neck. $999 would be a screaming deal.

• Members

Serious question. If I went to Guitar Center and told them to call Musicians Friend for today's Fender Friday special, would they match the price in store?

The Road Worn is not the special, but if you are talking about the Tele Am Dlx, then you should speak with the manager, tell him the phone special at MF is 999 and you pay no shipping and depending on your state, no tax. have him call but I suspect he already knows.

Tell him you want it for 999 out the door. If they are desparate enough they will take the deal. If they charge you tax, buy from MF.

Let's see the options based on Calif 10% sales tax.

1. guitar set up perfectly when arrives so you save 100.00 in tax

2. guitar set up bad, you have a set up (40 to 50) save 50.00 in tax

3. you totally dislike the guitar. tell mf the guitar is defective, state your reasons (bad frets, sounds like pickups height not correct etc) free shipping back

tell the sales guy at GC all of this. you have nothing to lose

Archived