September Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I took the Classic Player '60s Strat in Sonic Blue from MF w/ 30% discount for ~575. They are like $1100 new, and scratch n dent items I've got in the past have been pretty much new anyway. The 45 day return policy seals the deal on that. I figure they go for $500-$700 used, so not a bad deal.

The 45 day return policy makes it nice.

• Members

It might be a good idea to contact MF to verify that you actually got what you ordered with the SnD sale.

Many times in the past I've ordered a SnD, received order confirmation, then got a cancellation notice a day or two later. The online system is pretty up to date, but not instant, so it is possible that something 'in stock' was purchased by someone else before you got to it.

I ordered a couple guitars this morning and still haven't even received a confirmation email, which is usually pretty instantaneous...

• Members

I took the Classic Player '60s Strat in Sonic Blue from MF w/ 30% discount for ~575. They are like $1100 new, and scratch n dent items I've got in the past have been pretty much new anyway. The 45 day return policy seals the deal on that. I figure they go for $500-$700 used, so not a bad deal.

I was gonna do that at midnight but got called to go to work early. Nice score mang!

• Members

It might be a good idea to contact MF to verify that you actually got what you ordered with the SnD sale.

Many times in the past I've ordered a SnD, received order confirmation, then got a cancellation notice a day or two later. The online system is pretty up to date, but not instant, so it is possible that something 'in stock' was purchased by someone else before you got to it.

I ordered a couple guitars this morning and still haven't even received a confirmation email, which is usually pretty instantaneous...

I'm gonna be upset if I didn't get what I ordered. I'm calling right now.

• Members

When did you buy this? I tried buying this guitar this morning at around 10:00 and they didn't have it anymore. :cry:

That is a pretty killer deal! I am off to GC to see what types of deals they have. Probably going to pick up a TC Nova ND-1 and Keeley Compressor. Might get me a guitar or V30 4x12 cab if they have a good deal.

• Members

When did you buy this? I tried buying this guitar this morning at around 10:00 and they didn't have it anymore.
:cry:

That is a pretty killer deal! I am off to GC to see what types of deals they have. Probably going to pick up a TC Nova ND-1 and Keeley Compressor. Might get me a guitar or V30 4x12 cab if they have a good deal.

I got it last night as soon as it switched to 30% off. I had been watching it along with a couple others since the sale started. I was gonna get that Sterling by Music Man for ~300 but it sold. Probably better off anyway because I imagine the Classic Players '60 is much better quality for not much more.

• Members

For this to be of value, you need to provide more details. Otherwise it's just a brag, which belongs in another thread...

Seeing the mention of the Jaguar deals in the August thread (MF blowout of the Jags with a free amp), I called them and asked if they could match that deal. No dice but they offered me one for $549. I then asked if they had any coupon or discount codes active which would take it closer to $500. They told me they would call me back.

About a half hour later they called and told me they would sell me ONE for $500.

Order placed and since received. No issues, call them up and ask for the same thing.

• Members

Seeing the mention of the Jaguar deals in the August thread (MF blowout of the Jags with a free amp), I called them and asked if they could match that deal. No dice but they offered me one for $549. I then asked if they had any coupon or discount codes active which would take it closer to $500. They told me they would call me back.

About a half hour later they called and told me they would sell me ONE for $500.

Order placed and since received. No issues, call them up and ask for the same thing.

Was this with the free B-DEC 30 or just for the jag?

• Members

I believe these are made in China, although the electronics are German.

Yeah they are. It didn't stop me from ordering, though. Again, not the greatest bass you'll get... But it's still a Hofner.

I'm sure these things are at least playable. I'm a snob, and I'd rather have this Hofner brand violin bass than have an Epi Viola or some other copy.

Archived