September Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anyone try buying blems on the musiciansfriend sale?

the code isnt working on ANYTHING? help!

A) It's not good for blems. It good for, specifically "scratch and dent".

B) You need to add the code on the last page of checkout, not on the page where you first see what's in your cart.

• Members

No no no. I figured it all out, prepare for dissapointment as I did.

It's not ALL clearance stuff, click on the banner where it says in huge letters SNOOZE U LOSE, that takes you to a page where you can find the ridiculous items they have on sale that are eligible for the discount, blah.

• Members

No no no. I figured it all out, prepare for dissapointment as I did.

It's not ALL clearance stuff, click on the banner where it says in huge letters SNOOZE U LOSE, that takes you to a page where you can find the ridiculous items they have on sale that are eligible for the discount, blah.

No no no, you're wrong.

Click the banner and it only links to 49 items, but if you actually search something like 'gibson scratch', it returns 58 Gibson 'scratch and dent' items that are all 30% off with the MO30 code. All 'scratch and dent' items are 30% off today. Whether they'll still be in stock by the time you order is a whole different issue...

• Members

So..who bought what from this sale so far? Seems like most of the stuff is gone now.

assuming I actually got them, I bought a soldano avenger head ($1100 total including next day shipping using the 25% off coupon)...as well as the cab that goes with it ($675 total using the 30% off coupon)

Not bad I reckon.

• Members

Same thing, different terminology. MF used to call them 'blems', now they call them 'scratch and dent'.

I think they changed the terminology to avoid confusion between "b stock" and "returns." Scratch and dent are usually returns. Some may have cosmetic marks, some may be defective, and some may be perfectly new. If you get a defective one, you can always return it. I have received some absolute wonderful instruments and some truly horrible instruments. The horrible ones were clearly damaged and should have been sold as "needing major repairs." I still got full refunds on those items. So overall I am very happy with MF. I am sometimes dismayed by their shipping though. Last week I received two instruments that they just slapped a shipping label on the hardcase. No box. The instrument was completely exposed. The contents were fine though and the case was ok. I wonder what the UPS people thought. They must have been shaking their heads. I am surprised the label even stayed on.

• Members

Scratch and dent doesn't always = return. The guitar i want to buy is listed as "used" on the site, even though the description clearly states it is a customer return. Anyway, the code isn't working on it, I suppose since it is booked in their system as a used item.

• Members

I've seen mention of a Labor Day Sale at Guitarfetish, but don't see anything different on the site today.

Does anyone know anything about this? I could use some itmes from them if true.

From another thread:

"the code is "LABORDAY" - 10% off everything- even Xaviere guitars and

clearance items"

This is good through Sep 7 (today). Haven't tried it myself, but thinking about it.

Archived