September Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's a great deal. Has the extra Tube Tamer and tube guard already installed. I've been waiting for one of these to spring-up on my local CL. I've been passing on all the C30's that come up for sale while I wait for one of these.

Wish there was an 8-15 watt model of these!

• Members
given the fact that you can buy a made in china strat for $80, made in mexico probably throws in another $20 extra cost. Take off $10 diff for shipping, and Fender still probably makes $400 on a $500 guitar.
:cry:

Considering economies of scale, I don't think even rickenbackers cost more than $100 total materials to make. Labor cost isn't much more than that.
But you don't look at your car as the $500 in metal and plastic etc. it cost the factory.

• Members

Considering economies of scale, I don't think even rickenbackers cost more than $100 total materials to make. Labor cost isn't much more than that.

But you don't look at your car as the $500 in metal and plastic etc. it cost the factory.

The metal plastic leather engine wheels tires and all the mechanical workings and electronics, as well as the work that goes into it by hand, add up to much much more than $500.00 depending on the car.

• Members
After five or six months, I don't know if anyone else still cares - or even remembers - but my free Fender Amp "The Soul of Tone" T-shirt (watch the Fender amp video and call-in to MF) finally arrived.

Yea!

Holy {censored}! That's Great! :thu:

I was just bitching about that yesterday. If I don't get my T-shirt, I'm gonna call them and demand a refund! :lol:

Back On Topic.

MF SDOTD is the Ebow for $79.95

• Members

You're not buying from Fender, you're buying from MF. Fender made their money when MF bought the guitars from them.

It is possible that Fender is offering some kind of incentive to MF for this promotion, like a car maker offers to car dealers.

• Members

FWIW, the Joliet, IL GC has a NOS '06 Les Paul Standard Premium Plus for ~$1700. I had never really noticed it before; apparently, it had been hanging "in the rafters" where no one else really noticed it before, either. :facepalm:

Picked it up and could see no problems; may be a good deal for one of my HCEG comrades :thu:

• Members

I was pawn shopping/guitar store shopping Saturday afternoon and ran across a few good deals.

I dunno if anyone is interested or not. I know that if I had the money I'd have been on these like white on rice.

The GC on the North Freeway (just south of 1960) has a Peavey Classic 50 4x10 for $350. It's ugly. Tolex is torn in a few places. The grill is sort of nasty lookin' - but for $350 it looks like a pretty good deal.

There's a pawn shop on Veteran's Memorial just south of the beltway that has a Peavey Delta Blues 2X10 for $380. I got there just before closing time, so I didn't have a chance to look too closely - but it looked OK from the brief scan I gave it.

I also saw a Guild F65CE (including a HSC) at a pawnshop on Veteran's Memorial (east side of the road, less than 2 miles south of 1960) for $500. The tag on the inside of the body said "Westerly, RI". Arched back. Lam sides & back, solid spruce top. Fishman electronics. I did fiddle w/ this one for a bit - this is a seriously nice acoustic. Slim minijumbo body. Over in the reviews it's got a 9.7 rating w/ 13 reviews.

• Members

^^^

A-20 just beat me to it.

MF STOTD is a Silver Creek D-160. It seems I have heard good things about Silver creek. This seems to be a decent deal.

- w

This is another super specs for the money but poor QA brand. Expect to have issues out of the box...action will probably be WAY too high, truss rod will need to be adjusted, etc. Assuming you get one that isn't inherently defective and unfixable, once you get it properly set up you will have a very nice instrument for the money.

• Members
bozbanks has his gibbo classic '57s up on the bay - 10 sets, $128/pair w/surrounds. He also dropped his shipping by $2.80.
:thu:

dont forget 8% bing CB.

Just bought my second pair.
Great deal, and great pickups.
I put a set in my LP Classic and they really changed the way that LP sounded.

• Members

This is another super specs for the money but poor QA brand. Expect to have issues out of the box...action will probably be WAY too high, truss rod will need to be adjusted, etc. Assuming you get one that isn't inherently defective and unfixable, once you get it properly set up you will have a very nice instrument for the money.

Have you played one? What are your comments based on?

- W

• Members

Hannah Montana Acoustic Guitar for $18 shipped from Amazon marketplace.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000XTJJF0/ref=pd_luc_mri?_encoding=UTF8&m=AVB9VPPZMOOT8&v=glance

Disney Hannah Montana 3/4 Sized Acoustic Guitar

List Price: $89.99

Price: $9.96

You Save: $80.03 (89%)

In Stock.

Ships from and sold by goHastings.

Only 1 left in stock--order soon.

41AuMEzu2%2BL._SS500_.jpg

• Members

Gone already. I assume someone here bought it.

I guess it's worth $10 plus whatever shipping they're charging. But don't feel too bad if you missed it. I got a couple of them from Kohl's for about $25/ea shipped after Xmas (for gifts) and...well, let's just say these things can't hold a candle to something like those Gretsch Americana guitars...

I also found that even the girls that like to watch Hannah Montana don't really want a Hannah Montana guitar!

• Members

Somebody please snag this one before I do!

SF Bay Area craigslist ad:

Fender Duo Sonic - early 90's - $200 (concord / pleasant hill / martinez)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2009-09-02, 12:13AM PDT

Reply to:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a red Fender Duo Sonic, maple neck, made in Mexico, and it is an electric guitar. It was made in the early 90's (1992 i think, but not sure) and is in near mint condition. It has two single-coil pick-ups, with a three-way toggle switch, and the scale is actually shorter than you standard electric guitar (20 frets). This particular Fender model is now discontinued, which makes it a rare find, and it's even lighter in weight than your typical Fender electric. A new soft case will be included as well.

......ehhh, $200 is about right for one of those things. Those older MIM Duo Sonic's have a very short 22.5 inch scale, not the less short 24 inch scale that the Duo Sonic's that Fender is making now. Even 24 inches is still a bit too short!

Archived