September Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I ordered from Victor Litz after seeing the Labor Day Sale post. I asked if they had a Jay Turser Paisley Tele style, they did for 99 plus 35 shipping. I asked the condition, he went to get it and said it was perfect and asked how about the finish, ay dents or marks he said no. I ordered it knowing the shipping was high and that I could get a one from another site for 189 with free shipping, so I went with the 135 one from Victor Litz. It arrived wonderfully packed in a epiphone box with a quarter sized dent on the back and side near the jack. I called and customer service was closed , Friday night when I reciceve it and realized this was a bad sign. I got off the phone with them yesterday and the CSR said it was a second. so no returns. I said I was told it was perfect and he said it was on the sale list. I told him it was not. After some nasty discussion basically on his part he said he would give me the 99 back but I had to pay shipping and would not get the 35 back, I told him about MF with no shipping on a return if there was a defect he got mad, said he would give me my shipping back as a refund, but I had to pay the original shipping, at one point he was going to send ups to pick it up but when I mentioned MF again and he got angry took it back and said, bottom line, I ship it back and include a note with the shipping charge and he would refund that. I have never had such a rotten experience with a Internet purchase ever, and I buy all of the time. The guitar other wise is great and plays great, too bad I did not just get one for 189 and not have this trouble with Victor Litz. I will touch it up with filler and nail polish and keep it, it is not worth loosing the 35 at this point.

• Members

I ordered from Victor Litz after seeing the Labor Day Sale post. I asked if they had a Jay Turser Paisley Tele style, they did for 99 plus 35 shipping. I asked the condition, he went to get it and said it was perfect and asked how about the finish, ay dents or marks he said no. I ordered it knowing the shipping was high and that I could get a one from another site for 189 with free shipping, so I went with the 135 one from Victor Litz. It arrived wonderfully packed in a epiphone box with a quarter sized dent on the back and side near the jack. I called and customer service was closed , Friday night when I reciceve it and realized this was a bad sign. I got off the phone with them yesterday and the CSR said it was a second. so no returns. I said I was told it was perfect and he said it was on the sale list. I told him it was not. After some nasty discussion basically on his part he said he would give me the 99 back but I had to pay shipping and would not get the 35 back, I told him about MF with no shipping on a return if there was a defect he got mad, said he would give me my shipping back as a refund, but I had to pay the original shipping, at one point he was going to send ups to pick it up but when I mentioned MF again and he got angry took it back and said, bottom line, I ship it back and include a note with the shipping charge and he would refund that. I have never had such a rotten experience with a Internet purchase ever, and I buy all of the time. The guitar other wise is great and plays great, too bad I did not just get one for 189 and not have this trouble with Victor Litz. I will touch it up with filler and nail polish and keep it, it is not worth loosing the 35 at this point.

Lets get this straight. You asked them to give you a refund and eat $70 in shipping costs, all because there was a dent in the back of a $99 guitar they gave you a deal on?

Um. Yeah.

• Members

No, they charged 35 for shipping, it does not cost that to ship a guitar reboxed in a epiphone box. I paid for that they are not eating it. may be 18 at most. Next the guitar with a big dent is not what I was told I was paying 99 plus 35 shipping for, that is the point. I do not know what you are tlaking about 7o$, are you a Victor Litz spy becasue you seem to have a motive or do not seem to have reading comprehension.

• Members

No, they charged 35 for shipping, it does not cost that to ship a guitar reboxed in a epiphone box. I paid for that they are not eating it. may be 18 at most. Next the guitar with a big dent is not what I was told I was paying 99 plus 35 shipping for, that is the point. I do not know what you are tlaking about 7o$, are you a Victor Litz spy becasue you seem to have a motive or do not seem to have reading comprehension.

I've not shipped a guitar for less than $35 in the last 10 years. Doesn't sound too rediculous to me. Also, keep in mind that while MF can eat $70 on a $99 sale, it's a lot rougher on a smaller operation. Hope you get it worked out.

• Members

Yep, you got me - the reading comprehension bit is particularly entertaining. Have a nice life.

• Members

The point is they sold a damaged item at a sale price but did not tell the customer it was damaged and it was not on the Labor Day sale list, listed as used or a second. They were very nasty the phone with me when I tried to explain that the item was not on the list and that I specifically asked the condition and told it was perfect. He actually said someone was lying, either me or the CSR. I just want to let everyone no what might happen if they purchase an item at Victor Litz. As I said the Jay Turser Paisley guitar other then the dent through to the wood is great and I would suggest it to anyone who wants a great sounding paisley tele, just be careful if you purchase from Victor Litz, as they say Buyer be Ware

• Members

I've not shipped a guitar for less than $35 in the last 10 years. Doesn't sound too rediculous to me. Also, keep in mind that while MF can eat $70 on a $99 sale, it's a lot rougher on a smaller operation. Hope you get it worked out.

Coincidentally, I shipped a guitar today from Chicago to Scottsdale, cost me $38.46 via UPS ground...fyi.

• Members

The point is they sold a damaged item at a sale price but did not tell the customer it was damaged and it was not on the Labor Day sale list, listed as used or a second. They were very nasty the phone with me when I tried to explain that the item was not on the list and that I specifically asked the condition and told it was perfect. He actually said someone was lying, either me or the CSR. I just want to let everyone no what might happen if they purchase an item at Victor Litz. As I said the Jay Turser Paisley guitar other then the dent through to the wood is great and I would suggest it to anyone who wants a great sounding paisley tele, just be careful if you purchase from Victor Litz, as they say Buyer be Ware

i have used victor litz number of times for internet purchases. each time they were honest and up front with me. i'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

• Members

I've not shipped a guitar for less than $35 in the last 10 years
. Doesn't sound too rediculous to me. Also, keep in mind that while MF can eat $70 on a $99 sale, it's a lot rougher on a smaller operation. Hope you get it worked out.

I have recently shipped guitars USPS for about 20$, but its not trackable and it seems to take forever to get there.

Lessons learned here - always explicitly ask if its a second or b-stock, "used", demo, etc.....

• Members
Yep, you got me - the reading comprehension bit is particularly entertaining. Have a nice life.

, Glad to hear that it was ment to.Stores get a discount on shipping rates from UPS. Victor LItz should not sell items as perfect at a discount and then supprise the customer with a damaged guitar and then expect them to pay for any shipping at all, they lied and were nasty with the return it is pretty simple.

• Members

You should probably find another shipper then. FedEx ground fully insured for $1000 clear across the country for about $38 is the most I've paid in the last 10+ years, usually closer to the $20-25 range.

• Members

This issue moved to............

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2443232

SS

• Members

Also, there is no whining, bitching, complaining or tantrums allowed in this thread. This thread is only for discussing the hot deals. If you missed a hot deal or you hate Musicians Friend, post about it in an outside thread.

If you buy something in the hot deals thread, and you love it, or hate it, or it bit you in the ass, then post a seperate thread about it, this thread ain't for heated discussion.

REMINDER: This thread is not for whining or complaining about stuff.

• Members

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowStick

Was researching Victor Litz and found this coupon. Good for 20% off.

SS

Fine print - "Present in advance. Can't combine. Max $20 OFF!" Good info! This Victor Litz can not seem to have honest sales, they should be careful who they imply to be liars

Uhm.. those terms are actually printed on the coupon. Can you get the bug out of your rear end and at least pretend to be grown up?

Archived