Telecaster vs. Strat vs. Les Paul

sailcat

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
I am currently in love with a cheapo tele copy
. I wonder how much happier I'd be with a nice Telecaster. I'll probably never know.

So was I (Squier telecustom II), that is until I upgraded my amp from a Roland Cube 30x to a JC-120... the Tele went from being :love: to being noisy and just ewww.... My LP studio however sounded better :thu:

If I could have only 1 guitar, Id have an explorer no doubt :D

• Members
Why is it that the telecaster gains votes in the wee hours of the night, and the stratocaster gets votes during people's lunch breaks from the office?

Because Teles are experiencing a kind of Renaissance at the moment and people on the West Coast of the USA are hipper to it? :idk:

• Members

someone needs to make a strat/tele hybrid like this...

strat body

tele neck

string through body

vintage tele bridge w/brass saddles

tele bridge pickup, strat middle/neck pickup

5 way switch, strat wiring

you'd get the comfortable, cool looking body of the strat, with the delicious twang of a telecaster, and tone versatility with the strat pickups too.

• Members

why do people keep saying guitars that arnt a LP,tele, or a strat? blows my mind...

Try to order off the menu at my restaurant and ill personally come out and slap the {censored} out of you.

My answer: Strat

Slap away: then you'll be in jail and I'll get a free dinner.

I never met a guitar player who is willing to be herded or forced to make arbitrary choices. That's why we change pickups, tuners, amps, knobs whatever it takes to make the guitars we have look, sound, and play like we want them to. That's why we keep picking things off the "menu" proposed.

Oh, and if I were you, I'd stay out of the service business.

Eddie O

• Members

i recently converted from a LP guy to a strat guy. Mostly due to the fact that I finally found a strat that I can really bond with (owned 5 previously). Since strats have more variables and configurations, it makes it more tricky to find one thats just right for you, than it is an LP.

Nothing to really say that people here dont know. I was just sick of my bottom heavy LP tipping back on my lap. Love the comfortable body of the strat, and its more balanced weight. I also enjoy and use the tremolo, and I like the brighter crisp tones of a 50s style strat.

I will miss the sustain of the LP, and notes high on the fretboard of a LP have more punch than on a strat, but overall, I enjoy the strat more.