NGD - My Gibson SG Standard has arrived!

dcooper830

• Members

I haven't gotten the chance to play it yet cause I'm at work ..... and the guitar is very chilly so I don't want to warm it up too fast by playing it.

I just opened up the case real quick to take some quick photos...... then closed it again.

I can't wait to plug this baby in!! But right after work I have to go play an acoustic gig! :mad:

DSC04585.jpg

DSC04587.jpg

DSC04588.jpg

• Members

Yeah I want to to another Gibson Vs. Epi comparison video with my stock Epi G400.

Should be interesting.
:)

To say the least.

After you've had it a while a good write up of the differences and similarities between the two would make a good read.

• Members

Well....... I got to take it home on my lunch break and jam on it for a few minutes.

And when I was done I happily peeled the protective plastic off the pickguard.

This guitar is here to stay!! :thu:

I'm 1000% satisfied! Plays great, feels great, sounds great, looks great, stays in tune great, and even smells great!!

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!! I love this guitar!!!!

The neck has that cool organic yet refined feel like my Gibson LP Standards. It's thick and chunky which I like. The action is nice and low with very little fret buzz.

The wood grain looks beautiful and I'm pretty sure the body is a 3-piece but the seams aren't obvious or awkward looking.

The tone and volume controls all work smoothly with good taper.

The tuners are super smooth feeling! I was surprised! They feel like Grover rotomatics when tuning.

And the smell!!!!!! The wonderful aroma of the nitro! That brand new Gibson smell is so enjoyable!

I know it's the very beginning of the honeymoon and I'm all in love and everything....... but, like with all my other guitars, I know that feeling will last.