What Guitar Hero do you think you are better than?

Beckman

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I used to not get Slash. I thought he sucked. Then, I tried to play some of his songs. I think it was because he was a much slower player than the other guys I had been listening to in the 80's (or the end of the 80's). He did not shred is what I am getting at.

yeah, slash was another one for me. I used to think his stuff was nothing special, then like happened with page, I tried learning some of it. Holy {censored}! I've been playing a long time and I still have a hard time with a lot of his stuff like some of the runs in the sweet child solo. Not to mention how perfect some of his leads are. The solos in sweet child are sheer perfection, imo.

• Members

i really don't think in those terms...i know there are things i'm very good at it, maybe better than guys i know/enjoy listening to....but then there are things they are better at than me. i always try to learn from someone, no matter how "good" they are...a lot more productive than trying to outplay them.

• Members

So... have we switched from 'guitar heroes' to 'any famous people at all?'

Because if someone's referred to as a 'guitar hero,' they must be good. Period. Not that 'guitar hero' isn't a stupid phrase that never should've been popularized, or anything, but still. Saying you can solo better than Neil Young is like saying you can beat Alton Brown at football. Yeah, the man's a professional, but that's not his thing at all.

• Members

So... have we switched from 'guitar heroes' to 'any famous people at all?'

Because if someone's referred to as a 'guitar hero,' they must be good. Period. Not that 'guitar hero' isn't a stupid phrase that never should've been popularized, or anything, but still. Saying you can solo better than Neil Young is like saying you can beat Alton Brown at football. Yeah, the man's a professional, but that's not his thing at all.

I simply trying to separate Hammet, Mustaine, Clapton, Gilmour, Hendrix, Slash, etc. Guys that are known for playing great. Not just guys that play the guitar. {censored}, Eddie Vedder plays the guitar. I would think most would know what I was trying to get at.

But, yes, it seems people are just picking some popular player. I hate the term Hero as well, but I could not think of any other term that would get the type of guitarist I meant.

• Members

I am better than any GUITAR HERO. I play a real guitar :facepalm:

Other than that, I tried to play GUITAR HERO and totally sucked.

I keep trying to play the REAL parts to Carry On Wayward Son...

Now as far as guitar players that are heroes to me, I may be able to play what they played, but I have yet to write a song as good as they have written.