What Guitar Hero do you think you are better than?

Beckman

• Members

After reading through another Jimmy Page sucks thread, it got me thinking. If you think Page, EVH, Hammet, or whoever sucks. Who are you better than? And, if you have the balls, prove it.

I think I am better than no one. I play so ADD (:facepalm:), even if I can play a riff better than someone, they still kick my ass on playing a full song.

Let's hear it.

:snax:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

none - but, just because someone is better than I am when it comes to playing guitar and song writing, doesn't mean I have to enjoy the music they create.

That is not what I was after. I can't stand Yngwie(Sp?). But, he is pretty damn good. I am asking what player do you say sucks are you better than. I hear people bashing guys left and right. JP sucks, Hendrix sucks. They are too sloppy, etc.

Keith Richards is a riffmaster. His playing is simple, to me. But, for what he does, I can't beat him.

I can say I am a better lead player than Scott Ian, but he does not play solos at all. So, that is not fair.

• Members

none. A long time ago I used to listen go guys like page and think that there was nothing special or particularly difficult about their playing. Then I tried to actually learn some of their stuff and I realized I was full of {censored}. Some of page's stuff is very difficult to play and his phrasing and fingerings can be very very awkward.

• Members

none. A long time ago I used to listen go guys like page and think that there was nothing special or particularly difficult about their playing. Then I tried to actually learn some of their stuff and I realized I was full of {censored}. Some of page's stuff is very difficult to play and his phrasing and fingerings can be very very awkward.

I used to not get Slash. I thought he sucked. Then, I tried to play some of his songs. I think it was because he was a much slower player than the other guys I had been listening to in the 80's (or the end of the 80's). He did not shred is what I am getting at.

• Members

No. I have never played enough to get as good as my favorite players.

In a lot of cases, I hear a guy early in their career and they're no great shakes, but over time they play so much that they build better technique, style and skill that I could never match. If I had been playing as a profession for years and years, then maybe. I thought I was pretty good when I was 20, but with 20 years of practice I'm better now. I figure how good would I have gotten if it were my job for all that time.

Take Kirk Hammett for example, his solo work on "Kill 'Em All" was pretty much derivative pentatonic stuff just sped up really fast. I can play that stuff, maybe not as fast cause my 40 year old fingers just don't move like that anymore. But if you listen to his stuff on MOP, its much more articulate and composed (whether you like it or not) and his playing live is spot on. Practice, practice, practice.

But I'm better than Steven Segal. :thu:

• Members

Guitar HERO? I can't think of any who I think I can smoke. I'm a fine guitar player, but I think the heroes are pretty well-loved for a reason.

Even a guy like Jack White, who some people really hate. I think he's so good at what he does.

And Hammett...I do not understand the criticism and never have. I really love his playing. I love his solos. I would love to be able to solo like him.

seriously, White and Hammett bring some uniqueness to the table. im tired of listening to the same thing over and over and over again.