Popular guitar finishes you just don't... get.

PancakeBunny

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

used to hate sunburst but it's growing on me on some guitars. and i used to really dislike red guitars but recently got a red mustang bass and i'm loving the red now. deoends so much on wha suits the individual guitar.

I'm nnot a fan of guitars that look like they've been dipped in glass! they look {censored}e.

• Members

I'm sick of the flamed out or quilted finishes that are covered in 1/8th" of plastic.

I remember when the Fender Fotoflames came out in 1993(ish) and I thought they were awesome. Now, every cheapo has tons of plastic inlay and a flamed out veneer. It's played out.

Now when I see something the like that I think 'cheap'. It's like those fake gold chains the 15 year old rap wannabees walk around with.

• Members

Anything sparkly, and fender's tobacco sunburst. The glitter make most guitars look like a toy and the tobacco bursts are just......boring IMO. Then again, I sort of like stuff that others consider overly flamboyant because I love bright colors. IMO a clown burst LP with a flame top is just pretty much full of win. Or better yet flame top with the blue burst that I've seen on a few. :love:

Archived