Which guitar would you REISSUE?

medvejonok

• Members

Trouble is with a lot of these guitars is that they were didcontinued because nobody wanted them enough to buy them.

I love the Gibson Victory MVX...very nearly bought one a while back, but it was a sales disaster.

It's a sad fact of life, but generally, the majority of people want their Gibsons in LP, SG and 335 Flavours, and their Fenders in Strat, Tele and Jazzmaster shapes.

I'd love to see a reissued Starcaster...but I bet if they were brave enough to reissue it it would be Custom shop, and an arm and a leg.

You have to admit that a bolt neck high end rival to the 335 was an oddity from Fender back then.

Look what happened when Travis Bean tried to relaunch Travis Bean guitars...he wasn't prepared to compromise and the projected retail on 'em was so ludicrously high that the whole thing died.

:thu:

• Members

That's a good choice. I'd add the Kramer Proaxe along with it.
:thu:

proaxe.jpg

+1

I think the "new" Kramer company is totally missing the boat. They should be reissuing the classic Kramer models, true to spec. Those spec's are still available. A Kramer line of Barettas, Stagemasters, Nightswans, Pacers, and ProAxes would be killer. I know they have a Pacer Classic coming out, so maybe that's a small step in the right direction.

When the "new" Kramers came out about 10 years ago, it pissed me off that they used some of the old model names for guitars that bore no resemblance to the originals (especially the Baretta).

• Members

In this era of reissue after reissue of popular models of the past, there are bound to be some great designs overlooked. I have a particular love for Guild designs, and consider my '77 S-300D to be the finest dual humbucker solid-body electric I have ever gotten my hands on, both in terms of playability and tonal quality. My Nightbird and S-100 are also outstanding. They kick LP and SG arse, in every sense. Fender is sitting on some world-class Guild designs, in particular the following, which I would love to see reissued:

- Nightbird

- X-500

- S-100

- S-300

- Starfire III

- Starfire IV

Which guitars of the past would you like to see again?

guild_x-79_blu_bodyf_b.jpg

• Members

+1

I think the "new" Kramer company is totally missing the boat. They should be reissuing the classic Kramer models, true to spec. Those spec's are still available. A Kramer line of Barettas, Stagemasters, Nightswans, Pacers, and ProAxes would be killer. I know they have a Pacer Classic coming out, so maybe that's a small step in the right direction.

When the "new" Kramers came out about 10 years ago, it pissed me off that they used some of the old model names for guitars that bore no resemblance to the originals (especially the Baretta).

Quite the Mystery in what the direction of Kramer is.

So much missed oppurtunity, not sure why Gibson even bothered to purchase Kramer.

My only thought is they bought the brand, just so no one else would try and make it a competitive brand.

They could me making money themselves if they would just pull thier heads out.

Archived