how do you run one amp into another?

jr_vw2

• Members

I have heard of people running amplifier X into amplifier Y Is this just as simple as running the output of one into the others input? That seems like a very bad idea to me. Can you do this or is it just urban legend?

• Members

If you're using a Fender or Marshall you can run a cable from input 2 to the input of the second amp - yes, that's right - INPUT to INPUT.

Just like you jump channels.

Don't run a speaker output into an input.

• Members

If you're using a Fender or Marshall you can run a cable from input 2 to the input of the second amp - yes, that's right - INPUT to INPUT.

Just like you jump channels.

Don't run a speaker output into an input.

So, how do you "jump channels"? Do you mean use both channels of a two channel amp, for example?

• Members

none of the above will work for me. I have a direct out on one but no loop on the other.

So what about running to amps on a A+B switch into one cab? is it just better off leaving them on their own cabs?

just playing around with some stuff trying things I have not tried before.

• Members

So, how do you "jump channels"? Do you mean use both channels of a two channel amp, for example?

if you have a fender or marshall run a short cable from input 2 of channel 1 to channel 2 input 1.

it will let you use all the amp's controls.

• Members

I jus run dual amps using stereo outs on one of my pedals. No idea what you ACTUALLY want to do.

ha ha I have no idea what I actually want to do either. I just have two amps sitting in front of me right now and I thought hey why not play em both at the same time :thu:

• Members

I find running dual amps it's hard to differentiate between them and dial in the sound you want. It's looks cool for shows but not really worth the effort to me. I'd rather just focus on getting the sound I want out of one amp.

• 9 years later...
  • Members
On 12/16/2010 at 10:01 PM, Ianasauras said:

Is that a no?

Can you help? I am in a duo and my guitar is powered by Tyros 5 internal keyboard amp but sound is rubbish. Can I put an amp between guitar and keyboard to get tonal qualities? th elittle map i am thinking of using has speaker out and headphones socket

• Moderators

Not sure what your set up is or what you are trying to accomplish.

Are you sharing the amp with the kb player?

Bad idea.

Keyboard amps are for keyboards, you need your own guitar amp. Are you playing acoustic/electric or electric guitar?

• 9 months later...
  • Members
On 5/9/2020 at 4:34 PM, Mikeo said:

I use one of these for running 2 amps. I recommend it.

https://www.radialeng.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/twin-city-34-left-768x835.jpg

I have looked at many options for a tube amp. I'd like to try the first option, I think this is a great amplifier. Although I also liked the combo amplifier BUGERA V5 5-Watt

• Members
On 5/8/2020 at 11:19 AM, Imthebest said:

Can you help? I am in a duo and my guitar is powered by Tyros 5 internal keyboard amp but sound is rubbish. Can I put an amp between guitar and keyboard to get tonal qualities? th elittle map i am thinking of using has speaker out and headphones socket

If you are thinking about running one amp into the Tyros, don't. If you hate the sound of the guitar coming out of the Tyros, putting something between your guitar and the Tyros isn't going to help. There's an old computer saying. GIGO. Garbage In Garbage Out. Get a decent guitar amp. That will solve your issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

0429F55E-72F4-4178-BEFE-16706106D154.thumb.jpeg.bfcbc999d2d1c9854eb9a9c8dfd50d02.jpegInstead of a second amp .go to Sweetwater and pick this up for twenty bucks. Will it sound exactly like a vintage tube amp ? Not really but you can get some good  useable sound and it's only $20

Behringer Tube Amp Modeler

Archived