December Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Members

I am just having bad luck with the PRS SE. I sent my defective one back last week, and bingo- MF/M123 drops the price to $399. I call them up concerned that they will run out and not be able to complete the exchange. "Don't worry, we hold stock for exchanges."

Today I get a back order notice (so much for holding the guitar). Nice:mad:

[YOUTUBE]A7uvttu8ct0[/YOUTUBE]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ditto - had to pay the shipping tho on the Epi Valve Jr!

Yep. Just got a price quote from M123 for $60.37. Had to pay shipping, but no tax, so ended up saving about $10 versus buying from in-store at GC. Plus, I didn't have to get out of my seat. :)

• Members

I am just having bad luck with the PRS SE. I sent my defective one back last week, and bingo- MF/M123 drops the price to $399. I call them up concerned that they will run out and not be able to complete the exchange. "Don't worry, we hold stock for exchanges."

Today I get a back order notice (so much for holding the guitar). I won't have this by Christmas and it will arrive when I am out of town. So I ask if I can just substitute a Cherry Sunburst instead of the Vintage Natural. Nope. Unless the item that they price matched two weeks is still online, the supervisor refused to over ride the price or make a color substitution.

Gotta love the great customer service. They screw up and admit it. The options they provide is to wait and not have it by Christmas, or spend an extra $175. Nice:mad:

I just sent a vintage natural back to them 2 days ago, maybe they'll get that one out to you?

• Members

Just hit the Hamer Standard--with M123 price match it was $249.99 with not tax or shipping! PayPal's Bill Me Later is just icing on the cake!

_1291821653.jpg

I am waiting impatiently for my price match to go through, I've wanted an explorer forever!

• Members

Yeah, on the phone with M123 on a different matter (my previous pricematch that went on backorder even though it showed in stock when I PHONED in the order) and I asked them about the Hamer- backordered and no idea when they will get any.

So I find out that my backordered guitar was canceled without any notice. I get them to reinstate the order after jumping through all kinds of hoops.

In the meantime, I asked about another guitar that showed in stock on their website, and lo and behold, THAT one is on backorder.

WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT A HAVING A WEBSITE/ORDERING SYSTEM WITH REAL-TIME INVENTORY? WHY HAVE A PRICEMATCH POLICY IF THE INTENTION IS TO PLACE ANY PRICEMATCHES BELOW YOUR COST ON PERPETUAL BACKORDER AND/OR CANCEL THEM?

• Members

The M123 price match policy was a horrible idea from the start. Whomever gave that the green light should be fired. It was clearly done by a mid-level manager with no actual retail experience. When I worked at MF (in a store) that kind of {censored} came down from corporate all the time.

• Members

The M123 price match policy was a horrible idea from the start. Whomever gave that the green light should be fired. It was clearly done by a mid-level manager with no actual retail experience. When I worked at MF (in a store) that kind of {censored} came down from corporate all the time.

I think it was a great idea. Look at all the business it's gotten them. And it's not like they're losing money on the items. Most of those items have a huge margin and they're still making money on them. A lot of the people who bought stuff with the 123% price match probably wouldn't have bought the items at regular price anyway. So, they can sell it for less money and make a few bucks off it or they can hold onto it and not sell it and make zero off of it. I'd say it's a no brainer.

The problem has been in the execution of it. Seems like half their sales staff either doesn't know about it, doesn't know how it works, or is doing whatever they can to avoid having to honor it. That's not the way to do it. They need to get their act together and be consistent with it and not make the customers have to go through all kinds of hassles to get the right price matches.

• Members

WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT A HAVING A WEBSITE/ORDERING SYSTEM WITH REAL-TIME INVENTORY?

My guess is if they did that kind of system you would see things disappear from your cart at times. Some people keep thing in them too long before they pull the trigger.

Anyone ever see dirt cheap sales on the Dano Chicken Salad Pedals? I know $30 shipped is dirt cheap but hey, I need a little push sometimes...

• Members

So horrible that ten new people post about making deals at M123 every day? Yeah, all those sales must really suck. Even if they are intentionally avoiding the deals (and we know at least a few people have gotten their purchases), they're still getting a crap ton of traffic.

If by horrible, you mean brilliant, I agree.

Archived