December Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
  • Members

I'm SICK and need help. I purchased three amps on Friday. Fender Mustang I @ $79 after $20off coupon @local GC during lunch, then two EVJ at 60ea in the evening from M123 online. Three amps $200; I don't need any of them. Please help. All of you are going to he!! for what you have done to my once sane soul. Seriously!!!!!

• Members
I'm SICK and need help. I purchased three amps on Friday. Fender Mustang I @ $79 after $20off coupon @local GC during lunch, then two EVJ at 60ea in the evening from M123 online. Three amps $200; I don't need any of them. Please help. All of you are going to he!! for what you have done to my once sane soul. Seriously!!!!!

Welcome to HCEG. There are a lot of gear junkies here. Myself included.

• Members
  • Members

Now that's funny, I don't care who ya are!

I feel your pain bro. Welcome to He!!

• Members

Of course, all I can think is, "Damn, that's a good haul! I should have scored another VJ and gotten in on that Mustang action, too." :lol:

• Members

For those keeping score, i just got the 16$ shipping waived on the VJR. Even without that it was cheaper than the GC price. Shoulda bought 2.

I tried to get the shipping waved via email and got a big negatory. :

Message from Kim F at Music123:

Dear musician,

Thank you for your recent inquiry. This item would not have actually qualified for our price match, this was an in store sale only. You would have had to go to guitar center and stood in line to get the deal. We don't match in store specials. Sorry for any misunderstanding this might cause.

• Members

I tried to get the shipping waved via email and got a big negatory. :

Message from Kim F at Music123:

Dear musician,

Thank you for your recent inquiry. This item would not have actually qualified for our price match, this was an in store sale only. You would have had to go to guitar center and stood in line to get the deal. We don't match in store specials. Sorry for any misunderstanding this might cause.

You need to call and be polite. Ask them calmly if the shipping charge was an oversight since the current policy is free shipping. If they dont sing a song you like you can return the amp on their dime.

• Members

Has anyone verified that they'll credit back the shipping after the purchase? I've got the VJR price match, but with shipping games, as usual.

If you are talking about MUSIC123 - I got them to credit shipping on another 123% price match - but I had to call them. It helps to be diplomatic when you call them. It took maybe 3 business days - but they did credit me.

Oh - I just saw what JamDogg wrote. I agree 100%

• Members

anyone have any experience with these valve jrs? I realize $60 is so cheap that it doesn't have to be great, on the other hand, if it sucks then I won't want to use it for any price.

I have my suspicions that an 8 inch speaker will be too small and boxy sounding for my liking, however, I can plug in other speakers from another cabinet. :)

• Members

anyone have any experience with these valve jrs? I realize $60 is so cheap that it doesn't have to be great, on the other hand, if it sucks then I won't want to use it for any price.

I have my suspicions that an 8 inch speaker will be too small and boxy sounding for my liking, however, I can plug in other speakers from another cabinet.
:)

Pretty much right on the money. As is, they are decent boxy 5 watters. Easy to modify into something pretty sweet though. I used to have a Valve Special and, once I put in a 12" speaker, loved it. I know a 12" won't fit in the Jr but how about a decent 10"?

• Members

Dang....i cant get them to budge on the epi valve jr. They keep on sayin' its below there cost. Called them on the phone twice....talked nice. Screw 'em. Just gonna go buy one for $79.00 from GC. Tip my hat to you guys that got 'em for 60!

Yep. Just got a price quote from M123 for $60.37. Had to pay shipping, but no tax, so ended up saving about $10 versus buying from in-store at GC. Plus, I didn't have to get out of my seat.
:)

• Members

m123 has charged me shipping on every email price match since they changed their site a couple months ago. Every time they've done it, I've sent them a reply to the price match pointing out that they are supposed to have free shipping and they've sent me another quote with the shipping removed.

• Members

m123 has charged me shipping on every email price match since they changed their site a couple months ago. Every time they've done it, I've sent them a reply to the price match pointing out that they are supposed to have free shipping and they've sent me another quote with the shipping removed.

These are the things that annoys me. Why do they keep trying to weasel out of honoring their own policies and prices???? Why do they make people go through such a hassle to get something that they should be offering from the start without any hassle???

• Members

lmao

welcome to my world. I don't need any more amps and I don't even have any room to put them so I've been able to hold off on buying any of these like the VJ or the mustang (although I came close to buying a mustang) but I did manage to snag one of the tascam 4 tracks for 40 bucks and I'm patiently waiting for a sale price on a bugera V5. If they ever have any kind of deal on a V5, I'll be adding another amp to my stable and soon you guys will see me on TV on an episode of Hoarders.

Archived