December Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's tempting me!!!

Go to YouTube - search on "Video Track". You will find a couple interviews, but more importantly a couple videos that regular Joe's recorded with the Video Track. If the lighting is suficient the quality seems good. Since Alessis is a sound company - they started with the stereo sound as a base requirement.

• Members

Not to diss this sale at all, just stream of consciousness here. With Fenders new Mustang 1 amp at $99 it is hard for me to see how anything else in the price range is going to survive.

Mustang 1 is a really nice home practice amp, really a stupid deal at $99.

• Members

Go to YouTube - search on "Video Track". You will find a couple interviews, but more importantly a couple videos that regular Joe's recorded with the Video Track. If the lighting is suficient the quality seems good. Since Alessis is a sound company - they started with the stereo sound as a base requirement.

Cool. Seems like the audio is pretty good but the video quality is just meh... and a lot of reported problems and break downs. Sells normally for 180.00. Might be worth picking up in order to grab some videos of our gigs.

• Members

Re Alesis Videotrack

I got one last week.

Pros: decent audio

Cons:

No VU Meters, just have three settings for Mic sensitivity, and you must "guess" the correct setting.

Terrible low light performance, typical at a bar gig.

Poor battery life. Mine died after 25 minutes, after an all day USB charge.

Proprietary Li-Ion battery, can not locate a spare anywhere.

FWIW - my Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 records far better 720P HD Video and Better Stereo Audio and can be found on ebay for around $160 if you are patient.

• Members

Re Alesis Videotrack

I got one last week.

Pros: decent audio

Cons:

No VU Meters, just have three settings for Mic sensitivity, and you must "guess" the correct setting.

Terrible low light performance, typical at a bar gig.

Poor battery life. Mine died after 25 minutes, after an all day USB charge.

Proprietary Li-Ion battery, can not locate a spare anywhere.

FWIW - my Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 records far better 720P HD Video and Better Stereo Audio and can be found on ebay for around $160 if you are patient.

I have not fired mine up - but despite all the cons you listed - I think it will work for my needs.

• Members

For those who order the 10 pairs of bass strings, I just got mine in today... No rust, all sealed up and good to go. My only complaint is the 3 page long invoice Sam Ash decided to send with it (for $14 worth of stuff, just seems like overkill)

• Members

Not to diss this sale at all, just stream of consciousness here. With Fenders new Mustang 1 amp at $99 it is hard for me to see how anything else in the price range is going to survive.

The Mustang is a different animal. This is a tube amp and a modding platform.

• Members

I have to agree the Mustang is an awesome amp - I also have the Peavey Vypyr which is another awsome amp in the same price range - but the Mustange is better IMHO.

• Members

wow just received mine - you were right, these guitars are surprisingly good. even included the truss rod/bridge wrenches. i actually like this more than its v-stack cousin.

Other than the Gretsch Americana Sundown Serenade the FA PW was the best cheap guitar purchase I ever made. Thought about modding it but actually like it just the way it is. If they ever come up that cheap again I might get another.

• Members

I have to agree the Mustang is an awesome amp - I also have the Peavey Vypyr which is another awsome amp in the same price range - but the Mustange is better IMHO.

Can't seem to find any vendor coming off that $99 price point either. Have a friend who wants a first amp for his kid to go with the FA PW I talked him into buying, but he's waffling on the price. I told him the resale value will hold on the Mustang I if the kid drops his interest.

• Members

Other than the Gretsch Americana Sundown Serenade the FA PW was the best cheap guitar purchase I ever made. Thought about modding it but actually like it just the way it is. If they ever come up that cheap again I might get another.

Oh yea - Gretsch Americana Sundown Serenade - got mine for $25!

• Members

Can't seem to find any vendor coming off that $99 price point either. Have a friend who wants a first amp for his kid to go with the FA PW I talked him into buying, but he's waffling on the price. I told him the resale value will hold on the Mustang I if the kid drops his interest.

I had to pay full price for mine - but worth it - it is very cool to hook it up to the computer to tweak!

• Members

Maybe the best bet is to watch for 10% or 15% off any one item. I don't know of any of these right now - but I agree - stores seem to be pretty firm on their price on these. They are the "latest thing" - and not likely to discount. IMHO a great buy IF you don't mind tweaking thru the software. That is the key to these amps - tweaking with the software.

• Members

• Members

• Members

Maybe the best bet is to watch for 10% or 15% off any one item. I don't know of any of these right now - but I agree - stores seem to be pretty firm on their price on these. They are the "latest thing" - and not likely to discount. IMHO a great buy IF you don't mind tweaking thru the software. That is the key to these amps - tweaking with the software.

I actually think that the price is going to go up on these, just as the price went up on the Squier Classic Vibe Teles

• Members

• Members

w/pm

MF $1.99

M123 $3.99

Not nearly as hot as the $4.01 deal but that was a sham!

NOTE: Need to order 33 sets to get free shipping

These are pretty crappy made in China strings (and always $1.99 at MF). To string guitars you're selling, maybe OK at $1.53/pack. However, I wouldn't get them for your own guitar.

MusiciansFriend used to sell good quality, made in USA house strings, once upon a time. But that changed a few years ago when they went to these.

No way would I want 33 sets of these things lying around, unless you flip a LOT of guitars.

Archived