December Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These are the things that annoys me. Why do they keep trying to weasel out of honoring their own policies and prices???? Why do they make people go through such a hassle to get something that they should be offering from the start without any hassle???

Minimum wage flunkies that don't give a {censored} about their job, or they're lazy, or they're stupid. Lots of possibilities. I would think after ONE person replies and points out that shipping is supposed to be free, that they would think about that on all future price matches and include the free shipping, but apparently that is over their heads.

Or I suppose it could be company policy to leave it off in the hope that most people will just be happy with the price match and not complain about having to pay shipping.

• Members

Minimum wage flunkies that don't give a {censored} about their job, or they're lazy, or they're stupid. Lots of possibilities. I would think after ONE person replies and points out that shipping is supposed to be free, that they would think about that on all future price matches and include the free shipping, but apparently that is over their heads.

I, for one, find it extremely disturbing that you can talk about fellow human beings like this.

Calling people "minimum wage flunkies"? What kind of crass elitism is that? Who the f*ck are you, anyway?

We are ALL, but for the Grace of God or the winds of fate or whatever, "minimum wage flunkies."

These are human beings you are talking about, people who are trying to make a living, people who might--it is very possible--be working at M123 because they lost the excellent job they had before the recession.

And why are you speaking so venomously about these people, your fellow human beings? What is their crime? They can't get you free shipping on a piece of gear you probably don't even need.

You should be ashamed.

• Members

I, for one, find it extremely disturbing that you can talk about fellow human beings like this.

Calling people "minimum wage flunkies"? What kind of crass elitism is that? Who the f*ck are you, anyway?

We are ALL, but for the Grace of God or the winds of fate or whatever, "minimum wage flunkies."

These are human beings you are talking about, people who are trying to make a living, people who might--it is very possible--be working at M123 because they lost the excellent job they had before the recession.

And why are you speaking so venomously about these people, your fellow human beings? What is their crime? They can't get you free shipping on a piece of gear you probably don't even need.

You should be ashamed.

If they did it ONCE, no big deal, and I wouldn't say anything about it in the first place.

When they do it OVER and OVER again (the same person), then I'll call it what it is. If you want to make excuses for inexcusable behavior, knock yourself out.

If anyone should be ashamed, it is the person that can't handle the simple concept of free shipping. Doing a customer service price match isn't brain surgery.

• Members

If they did it ONCE, no big deal, and I wouldn't say anything about it in the first place.

When they do it OVER and OVER again (the same person), then I'll call it what it is. If you want to make excuses for inexcusable behavior, knock yourself out.

If anyone should be ashamed, it is the person that can't handle the simple concept of free shipping. Doing a customer service price match isn't brain surgery.

Dude, they are not skipping the free shipping on the quotes because they are incompetent "minimum wage flunkies," they are probably told by their supervisors that they have to always attempt to bill the customer with shipping first, and only remove the shipping on request. This is just a measure by corporate to cut costs.

• Members

Dude, they are not skipping the free shipping on the quotes because they are incompetent "minimum wage flunkies," they are probably told by their supervisors that they have to always attempt to bill the customer with shipping first, and only remove the shipping on request. This is just a measure by corporate to cut costs.

And I believe I said that in my original post. So if that is the case, nothing else I said applies, does it?

However, if that is not the case, then what I said is true. Whether some people like what I said, or how I said it, doesn't change that fact.

But either way, this really isn't the place to discuss this, so we should probably just all move on...

• Members

Dude, they are not skipping the free shipping on the quotes because they are incompetent "minimum wage flunkies," they are probably told by their supervisors that they have to always attempt to bill the customer with shipping first, and only remove the shipping on request.
This is just a shady and borderline unethical way to try to weasel out of honoring their own policies.

there, fixed. :)

• Members
:cop:

Or I suppose it could be company policy to leave it off in the hope that most people will just be happy with the price match and not complain about having to pay shipping.

It is not about how many times the employees did something, it is about how you label them. If you had any inelegance , or accomplishments in any decent combination, you would not be describing others like that unless you have some very serious shortcoming, and venomous, would just be one of them.

• Members
:cop:
It is not about how many times the employees did something, it is about how you label them. If you had any inelegance , or accomplishments in any decent combination, you would not be describing others like that unless you have some very serious shortcoming, and venomous, would just be one of them.

Yes, so sorry I expect people doing brain dead simple jobs to be able to handle those jobs without making the same mistake over and over again. I don't know what I was thinking, they are clearly competent at what they do and have no need to live up to my ridiculously high expectations.

Better?

Good, can we move on now?

:facepalm:

• Members

You should be ashamed.

WELL SAID.

At least these people are out WORKING, and not sucking on the hind tit of society!

BTW....90% of the people here are 1 or 2 pay-cheques from Bankrupt.

• Members
Yes, so sorry I expect people doing brain dead simple jobs to be able to handle those jobs without making the same mistake over and over again. I don't know what I was thinking, they are clearly competent at what they do and have no need to live up to my ridiculously high expectations.

Better?

:facepalm:

How do you know they aren't following orders? Don't hate the player, hate the game.

I know people are having a variety of experiences with the M123 thing but i've found that if you really want something and are persistent, you can get what you want. Sometimes it happens the first time and sometimes it takes a little back and forth or a phone call. Bottom line, if you are getting what you want either 1) be happy you are getting a good price or 2) take your business elsewhere.

You may not always get the best service at McDonald's but you'll get a cheeseburger for $1. You might not think it was prepared perfectly or it took to long to complete your order but if you are eventually getting it, either be happy that there is a place that sells cheeseburgers for $1 or go to Chili's next time because McD's has {censored}ty service.

You are entitled to your opinion, we all have them. I personally don't like haggling but again, I don't see why you are blaming the employees. They aren't autonomous, they work for a company. I personally see the M123 thing as a good thing. If enough people find what are good deals at other places and then have M123 price match and buy from them, other retailers are going to have their sales dip and they'll have to get a little more competitive. That is good for us consumers.

• Members

Better?

Brain dead, yes you seem certainly to be brain dead to keep repeating the same venomous words without perhaps learning from constructive criticism.

• Members

Brain dead, yes you seem certainly to be brain dead to keep repeating the same venomous words without perhaps learning from constructive criticism.

I've worked in customer service, so I do know that it is in fact a brain dead job. There is nothing 'venomous' about that or anything else I said. It is what it is, whether you agree with it or not.

There are two scenarios that I covered in my original post:

1. They are incompetent.

2. There are simply following orders from management.

That's all there is to it. If you want to get all butt hurt over the truth and defend them, knock yourself out. That says a lot more about you than whatever you think it says about me...

• Members

I've worked in customer service, so I do know that it is in fact a brain dead job. There is nothing 'venomous' about that or anything else I said. It is what it is, whether you agree with it or not.

There are two scenarios that I covered in my original post:

1. They are incompetent.

2. There are simply following orders from management.

That's all there is to it. If you want to get all butt hurt over the truth and defend them, knock yourself out. That says a lot more about you than whatever you think it says about me...

No one is butt hurt. People have lost respect for you because of your actions. You've just shown yourself to be someone who instead of complaining about a bad situation decides it's OK to personally attack people you don't know and have no idea why they've done what they've done. It's childish and immature. These are the kinds of things we teach our kids not to do. How do you think adults are viewed that don't know better when this is something we teach little kids?

• Members

:thu:THis is very true and should end the back and forth quite well.

No one is butt hurt. People have lost respect for you because of your actions. You've just shown yourself to be someone who instead of complaining about a bad situation decides it's OK to personally attack people you don't know and have no idea why they've done what they've done. It's childish and immature. These are the kinds of things we teach our kids not to do. How do you think adults are viewed that don't know better when this is something we teach little kids?

• Members

Ladies and Gentlemen,
It makes no sense arguing the fact that the company MUSIC123 is not focused on customer service (I have never had an issue with the actual sales people that answer the phone). We have all had our share of bad experiences with them, but I must state that the problems are with the management, not the employees. Each time I have had an issue, the employee agrees with me and goes to a supervisor or manager who ties their hands. The only way companies like MUSIC123 will be slowed down is for us to file complaints with the Better Business Bureau. If enough of us do that, the company will realize that they have issues and adjust accordingly.

Archived