December Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Members
Thanks guys... I don't usually stop in here, but I picked up 10 sets of those bass strings for $13.00 shipped. Pretty sweet.

What's up with their guitar strings though? I used to get 12 sets for like $8 in the store when they had them, but I haven't seen the 10s in a while and I have more 9s than I'll likely ever use since I never use 9s anyway.

:lol:

Prices have went up since the 1940's! I used to get a pop, some popcorn, and two tickets to the moving picture show ( for me and my best gal) for a nickel. Gee that was swell.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Thanks guys... I don't usually stop in here, but I picked up 10 sets of those bass strings for $13.00 shipped. Pretty sweet.

What's up with their guitar strings though? I used to get 12 sets for like $8 in the store when they had them, but I haven't seen the 10s in a while and I have more 9s than I'll likely ever use since I never use 9s anyway.

Basically, the Guitar Research brand is more or less treated like Carlo Robelli... some cheap, poorly made products that Sam Ash puts out to offer big discounts. The brand is more or less a joke, and no one seems to want to buy their stuff. As a result, Sam Ash either has to resort to giving it away with other purchases, or bundle it up and slash the price drastically. My guess is that these strings have been sitting around for a while, and Sam Ash is tired of them just taking up space. It's also a possibility that they've phased out the brand, and their dumping the stuff for next to nothing.

• Members

Basically, the Guitar Research brand is more or less treated like Carlo Robelli... some cheap, poorly made products that Sam Ash puts out to offer big discounts. The brand is more or less a joke, and no one seems to want to buy their stuff. As a result, Sam Ash either has to resort to giving it away with other purchases, or bundle it up and slash the price drastically. My guess is that these strings have been sitting around for a while, and Sam Ash is tired of them just taking up space. It's also a possibility that they've phased out the brand, and their dumping the stuff for next to nothing.

They're made by a Korean company (it's not clear if they're manufactured in Korea or China--but chances are very high China) and also marketed under the brand name Olympia. These are pretty inexpensive strings, but not total crap.

• Members

These are pretty inexpensive strings, but not total crap.

I bought several of the 9's and 10's for near nothing a while back and made some hybrid sets (9-46) from them. I actually have them on one of my Les Pauls right now and I'm not 100% sure which has these and which has EB Hybrids. But I'm pretty easy to please usually when it comes to strings.

• Members

Since the "upgrade" I have to log out every time I want to post. I keep getting...

The following errors occurred with your submission

1. Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please reload the window.

It's majorly lame.

What I have been trying to post for several minutes was... There are some cool pics of the PW at:

Link

• Members

Since the "upgrade" I have to log out every time I want to post. I keep getting...

It's majorly lame.

And a major pain, I would imagine. But I haven't experienced this problem. You should post to the front page to see if anyone else is suffering in the same way and/or if they have found a remedy.

• Members

Yes I know, but I can't pry myself from the deals thread. Sorry for the off topic post. But I did throw in some cool Westeberg pics
;)

And I am thankful for your contributions. I really just do think that you shouldn't need to suffer so as to post and that there must be a solution.

• Members

Thanks a bunch for this. I was able to get a prewired Area-T set price matched for 131.59 to the door where M123 had them listed for 229.99. COOL! :cool:

Prices start as low as $39. Prewired sets are $119 and up. I was able to price match a Dimarzio pre wired vintage set with 36th Anniversary PAF's for $139 at M123.

• Members

It's majorly lame.

What I have been trying to post for several minutes was... There are some cool pics of the PW at:

Sounds like your log in is timing out. Select the remember me box when you log in and you should be fine.

• Members

eBay Flippers were on it like sharks. I haven't played mine, yet...

Maybe. I'm not so sure, though, because there were a lot (!) of PWs on eBay before the Tanga deal, and I was having a hard time resisting them. The Tanga price was the final push. I don't think I would want to flip for such a small price differential when eBay and PayPal are going to take their cut. There's be almost nothing left.

• Members

FWIW my Sam Ash PRS Single cut arrived, but despite three emails assuring me it would have a tremolo , they shipped a non Trem version instead. Back it goes, and I won't be ordering from them again.

I have concluded that they have the worst customer service and inventory management of the big online music retailers. I won't order from them again either.

• Members

I suppose,but for 80.00 sounds like you cant go wrong.How much were folk paying here on the Tanga deal?
:confused:

$53 shipped. Nice guitars. I love the neck. Pickup can do a fair amout actually, would love it if it had a neck pup, sounds really nice acoustically.

Body is a touch small and looks a little funny on my grown man self, but I bought it for my 5 year old nephew and it will be amazing for him.

I did need to file the fret ends down as they were a bit sharp, nut and frets are perfect otherwise, honestly, a pefectly cut nut.

In other news, my M123 PRS SE showed up today ($348 vintage natural). I very much dislike the neck, and the body is dead, dead and dead. Pickups sound really cheep to me too. So that one is going straight back. Too bad too because it comes with an awesome gig bag. :badump:

• Members

$53 shipped. Nice guitars. I love the neck. Pickup can do a fair amout actually, would love it if it had a neck pup, sounds really nice acoustically.

Body is a touch small and looks a little funny on my grown man self, but I bought it for my 5 year old nephew and it will be amazing for him.

I did need to file the fret ends down as they were a bit sharp, nut and frets are perfect otherwise, honestly, a pefectly cut nut.

In other news, my M123 PRS SE showed up today ($348 vintage natural). I very much dislike the neck, and the body is dead, dead and dead. Pickups sound really cheep to me too. So that one is going straight back. Too bad too because it comes with an awesome gig bag.
:badump:

I got the same one, but I liked the neck. I have to exchange mine because there was a nasty chip on the fretboard, and the fretboard looked like it had dandruff (buffing compound?) :lol:

I did not dig the bridge pickup, but I hope a DiMarzio Norton will fix that.

• Members

I got the same one, but I liked the neck. I have to exchange mine because there was a nasty chip on the fretboard, and the fretboard looked like it had dandruff (buffing compound?)

I did not dig the bridge pickup, but I hope a DiMarzio Norton will fix that.

Mine has the white stuff on it as well, I was told it is a fret board conditioner.. maybe they should try using Head and Shoulders :) Was your fretboard evenly colored? Mine ranges from brown to orange-ish and has a ton of really thick grain. Looks weird, but I like how it plays.

Archived