December Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Somebody allready tried that.

Guess I'll try another tack. Shut the {censored} up before they lock or delete this thread. Which one of you wants to be responsible for that, right before Christmas?

Says the guy further derailing the thread.

• Members

I've worked in a call center doing customer service. I did it for about a year.

Most people working at this type of job (if I base it on my experience working for Verizon) are very young.. I was college aged at the time and many of my co-workers were fresh out of high school or in their 20s.

Most of them are not stupid. They have guidelines to follow... Sometimes these guidelines are flexible, but they aren't incentivized to go out of their way to help you. Quite the contrary for us; we were encouraged to get people off the phone as fast as possible.

Face it; you're answering an unending stream of phone calls, most of the problems are the same, and in my case you get yelled at daily. You may be shocked at how immature people can be on the phone to a stranger -- It's not much different from these forums, where right in this thread we're witnessing internet tough guys talk {censored}. If you're anonymous, you behave like a {censored}ing child.

I digress. The CSRs aren't necessarily stupid or failures or losers -- They're probably young people or between "real" jobs.

• Members
  • Members
Someone else posted that deal in reference to the PW. I just bit on it I love shoes like that. Looking for a plaid hat to match... maybe I could walk around like that weird model did with a guitar...

51owO7HqdML._SX385_.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/Plain-Fedora-Hat-Cap-Plaid/dp/B001HXBA5S

41T-wuNQW9L._SX385_.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/WHITE-PLAID-FRONT-BERET-CABBIE/dp/B000YYLKHE

51dmXIYMt4L.jpg
http://www.musicbands.com/Mr.-Bill-Red-Plaid-Baseball-Cap/M/B000BU5OT6.htm?traffic_src=froogle&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=froogle

• Members

I just tried to apply the $20 off $100 at GC while buying the valve jr for $79. I needed to buy some other stuff anyway so it was over $100. They wouldn't let me use the coupon. The called the v jr an instant rebate. I told them I didn't see anything about that in the ad but they said it was there. Well I got home and I don't see anything about an instant rebate.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/BCD-2010-12-07-EpiphoneValve-g25816t0.gc

Anyway I sent in a price match request and they said the web page calls it at $149 so they matched $149. I sure wish I could read as well as either of these people because I see $79 as a straight sale price and a coupon that says $20 off $99 "total order".

Need to figure out who to go wrassle tomorrow about this. Maybe GC as I bought the damn thing already. Do you think I can call and make them apply my coupon over the phone?

PS anyone remember the website that had the good deals on xformers for the vjr? I thought it was mentioned in this thread but I didn't find it.

• Members

I just tried to apply the $20 off $100 at GC while buying the valve jr for $79. I needed to buy some other stuff anyway so it was over $100. They wouldn't let me use the coupon. PS anyone remember the website that had the good deals on xformers for the vjr? I thought it was mentioned in this thread but I didn't find it.

The $20 off "Coupon Details" states "Not to be used in conjunction with other coupons, promotions or offers". I would definitely characterize that in-store only deal as a promotion or offer.

You can try getting $20 off, but I doubt it will be successful.

Archived