December Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Mazi Bee

• Members

damn, that LP studio does look mighty tempting.
You're protected if you pay by paypal
or credit card but you would still have to file a claim and that can be all kinds of a hassle. Not sure if it's worth it. Has anyone ordered one yet?

Um, probably not. Most of Paypal's protection is through eBay, and doesn't extend outside of that. Credit card would work, though.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

damn, that LP studio does look mighty tempting. You're protected if you pay by paypal or credit card but you would still have to file a claim and that can be all kinds of a hassle. Not sure if it's worth it. Has anyone ordered one yet?

Could also be a fake LP - would be more difficult to file a claim.

• Members

Could also be a fake LP - would be more difficult to file a claim.

Also noticed when you click on new catergory, only the 2 guitar bodies come up. Maybe all the guitars are used. Could be the the guy is just clearing out his collection for whatever reason. Who knows?

• Members

NOT worth the risk - that is a really barebones site, and some of the grammar used...makes you think the inventory "fell off a truck"
;)

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking too. Fuhgettaboutit ! When I saw NJ, I thought that makes it slightly more possible the gear is legit, but I wouldn't risk it.

• Members

On the Guitar Boutique deals, there is nothing located at the address they give on the website for the business, either (415 Main Street Chester NJ)- this is probably a kids class project or example site with dummy info (or possibly someone gearing up to launch a site).

Not legitimate in any way, shape, form or fashion.

• Members
  • Members

Also noticed when you click on new catergory, only the 2 guitar bodies come up. Maybe all the guitars are used. Could be the the guy is just clearing out his collection for whatever reason. Who knows?

Well, there is a phone number. Anybody try it yet?

• Members

$70 is a pretty good deal on a carved mahogany Tele body. Too bad it's so incredibly tacky. Not being a 12-year old boy in the late 1970s, I can't imagine ever showing up at a gig with a guitar that looks like that.

a20791f12d16f8dc6da0aa_m.jpg

(Gotta love how he claims it's "hand carved", yet you can order in quantities up to 50 and expect to receive it within 20 days plus 5-10 days shipping.)

• Members

Here's a thought... What if the site is ONLY there as a tactic for for trying to get cheap price-matches?

Anything that gets ordered he just cancels and refunds a week later saying, "oops, sorry. Out of stock."

Think I can get Music 123 to do the %123 price match???

I would go for that!!!

• Members

NOT MINE

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230569646216

Gretsch 5120 500.00 or Best Offer w/ Free Shipping

Listing has been revised. It is now 475.00 or Best Offer w/ 25.00 shipping

AND

the auction includes a Shure SM57, an Alexis mixer, an extra pickguard, and if that weren't enough, free dice knobs

No free picks (though you might ask)

:-)

• Members

That site scares me. Legit? I doubt it.

First thing that popped into my mind when I opened that page was "musoland.com". Same layout, similar pictures, same feel.

Can't you just smell the Lo Mein and fried rice?

And the phone number the Boutique is also used by: http://imperialcleaningservicesnj.com in Lodi and Big Sky Virtual Tours in Billings Montana. wallstreet2010 is real entrepreneur! (I'm thinking that somebody in law enforcement might wanna know about this. Who's responsible for shutting this kind of crap down?)

• Members

Succor,

Thanks. You know I tried that code but got a message it needs to be entered from tbe GEICO website. I could not figure out how to apply that. After a lot of searching I ended up ordering from the DISCOVER card site. DISCOVER does a 5% cash back from J&R if you link to J&R through the DISCOVER site, and make payment with DISCOVER. BTW - I tried calling their sales guys twice to see if they would do something/anything in terms of more discounts, free strings, etc. They could not anything on this particular item (DBZ guitar). I finally just accepted that DISCOVER cash back would be my deal on this particular item.

Hey Woody. Did you buy that DBZ Guitars Barchetta Premier LT. If so I would sure like to see a short review on that guitar when you receive it. I have only found one other, and it sounded like a pretty nice inexpensive axe. But I would sure trust your opinion if you find time to post your thoughts on it. Thanks

• Members

Hey Woody. Did you buy that DBZ Guitars Barchetta Premier LT. If so I would sure like to see a short review on that guitar when you receive it. I have only found one other, and it sounded like a pretty nice inexpensive axe. But I would sure trust your opinion if you find time to post your thoughts on it. Thanks

Ditto. The Barchetta and Bolero guitars have been tempting.

Archived