Low-end NGD X 2!

Fab4ever

• Members

Well I traded a Highway One Strat for two guitars: an Ibanez AF75TDG-VI (sort of a poor man's Gretsch White Falcon) and a Hagstrom Ultra Swede, along with $100.

I am delighted! I wasn't bonding with the Strat, for whatever reason, and the two very different guitars I got in return will really give me some new options.

As for the Ibanez, I've already ordered the GFS Retrotron Nashvilles, and I'm gonna order a Gretch-style pickguard. My hope is ending up with a "White Trash Falcon" that can get me in Gretsch tonal territory. I know it won't really resemble a $3,000 guitar, but at least I can dream, right?

As far as the Ultra Swede, it literally is the fastest guitar these aging hands have ever held. The neck is just incredible.

I can't figure out how to embed a photo, so here it is:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]329167[/ATTACH]

• Members

Thanks guys! I am really pumped. The $100 more than pays for the GFS pickups for the Artcore. Once I get those installed and put some 11s on there along with the new pickguard, I think I'm gonna be very happy.

As far as the Ultra Swede, I've never owned a Les Paul type guitar -- by that I mean a two-humbucker, solid body. Strange, isn't it? I was all acoustic for many years, then migrated to Strats and various oddball guitars. Now all I have is oddball electrics -- a Variax 600, a Teisco I use for slide, a set-neck Rick 330 copy and the new Hag and Artcore.

• Members

QUOTE: Oh... and the always-cool transparent black on the Hag! Very nice... I would have done that trade as well.UNQUOTE

Actually it's a very dark purple. Sorry for the lousy photo. It's quite a nice finish actually -- I'm not a purple guitar kinda guy, but this is subtle enough for me.

Of course, my White Trash Falcon won't be subtle at all, but that's a different story....

Archived