New Gibson LP Goldtop w/P90's, $849!

docjeffrey

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After seeing some of the more recent posts, I got concerned, so I called AMS to check on my backorder (HB). The rep told me that they had 24 orders for the HB, and are receiving exactly 24 :thu: - so, it looks like AMS did it right.

FWIW, I was also told that they still show the ship dates as being 6/29, 7/9 and 8/7 (although she couldn't say where I was on the food chain), so I would want to think that AMS is still expecting them as planned :idk:

• Members

well because of this damn thread I've been talking to my luthier friend and we are going to do a custom build based on this model....

Mahoghangy body with maple top

Maple neck with Ebony Fretboard

3 P90s with 3 Way switch and a push/pull pot to activate the middle pickup.

Bigsby trem

amber finish

• Members

well because of this damn thread I've been talking to my luthier friend and we are going to do a custom build based on this model....

Bigsby trem

amber finish

How much is that custom built guitar going to cost you?

• Members

Bigsby trem

amber finish

i like the idea of the maple neck.

• Members
Wow,sounds like a great deal!

yeah.... we've know each other since we were kids and he does all my repairs etc... so when I was talking to him about this model etc we just got all wrapped up in what would make it a KILLER guitar etc and we came up with this, one thing lead to another and I asked him to build it for me and here we are...

Here are some pics of other guitars he's done..

n505221407_222010_2730.jpg

n505221407_16195_7883.jpg

25892_381299051407_505221407_4208756_179

22573_321305056407_505221407_3931690_310

• Members

Bigsby trem

amber finish

so the only thing in common with the '50s tribute goldtop will be the P90 neck/bridge? :poke: :lol:

• Members

Ok,so here is some news,I called Wildwood and they told me that that Black one just arrived from Gibson.They had been expecting it in August with the rest of their shipment but it just showed up by itself a couple of days ago.

• Members

Ok,so here is some news,I called Wildwood and they told me that that Black one just arrived from Gibson.They had been expecting it in August with the rest of their shipment but it just showed up by itself a couple of days ago.

Have they received a full shipment? or just one?

• Members

Have they received a full shipment? or just one?

Just one.They told me they have 5 of each color on order but no Goldtops.They said they were all ready sold out when they ordered.They are pretty confident that they will get the rest of their order in August.

• Members
Just one.They told me they have 5 of each color on order but no Goldtops.They said they were all ready sold out when they ordered.They are pretty confident that they will get the rest of their order in August.

Somebody buy it now!!!!

I already have a Honey and a GT on order... a third one and my wife will divorce me! :lol:

Omar :thu:

• Members

I'm still very excited about the prospect of my goldtop preorder coming to fruition. When I first saw it, I thought "hot damn, that's a great looking guitar". Then I saw that it was a dressed-up studio wit a reasonable price, and decided to pounce on it.

Whether or not my Sweetwater preorder actually gets me one, and whether that's 1 month or 4 is actually good, because it's kind of put me into a holding pattern on gear purchases in the meantime. That said... I do have a case and a nice new Levy's strap all picked out for it :)

Archived