New Gibson LP Goldtop w/P90's, $849!

docjeffrey

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
So how many of these things are we going to end up with in the end? Maybe a few hundred the way things are looking? I'm wishing I had managed to snag the Goldtop along with my Honeyburst, but I shouldn't bitch, at least I have one already. I feel for you guys on backorder, the waiting game and uncertainty would be killing me.

The unofficial "official" number I heard from Sweetwater was that Gibson was going to produce 120 of EACH finish each month for six months - so, allegedly, 720 of each finish total, but who knows? If it is a smashing success, it could be an unlimited "limited" edition ;) (it's happened before...)

• Members

Is the Nashville factory even open yet? Last I heard(2 days ago) it was still closed for repair following the flood.

Just came back from Memphis and Nashville, the Nashville factory is still closed, got to tour the Memphis factory, they were churning out the hollow bodies.

• Members

From the Gibson Forum

"We are shooting for getting guitars out the door again last week of July. There will more than likely be some LP Studio 50's Tributes in that group of guitars. I am going to do a status update every week on the Gibson eBlast to let you know what dealers were shipped Tributes.

Thanks for your patience.

Gibson USA Product Manager"

[YOUTUBE]cWnmCu3U09w[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

"Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream
Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream
When I want you in my arms
When I want you and all your charms
Whenever I want you, all I have to do is
Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream"

Splash-01-1.jpg

• Moderators
"Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream

Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream

When I want you in my arms

When I want you and all your charms

Whenever I want you, all I have to do is

Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream"

Splash-01-1.jpg

Aaaaaaah babeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

You wil be miiiiiiiiiiine, you wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill be mine

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

(Robert Plant sorta style:))

• Members

GibsonUSAGM(General Manager for the Gibson USA division) posted this yesterday in the "Forum Feedback" section:

"Hi. Here is an update from the USA Division. As of today, we plan to start shipping products around August 1, and the 50's Tribute Studios are in the production schedule for when we restart. The clean-up from the flood has been a very extensive and complex process and frankly has taken longer than we would have liked. It has just been hard to pin down an exact date because of how much clean-up we are having to do."

• Members
That's the whole point. He said they were ugly as {censored}.
:lol:

I have to agree in their factory state. However, an additional $40 or so spent on black plastics would make it look much better--maybe even damn good. Not a bad option at all if this is the only version that hasn't sold out yet...$850 is incredible for a Gibson, but $900 is still a fantastic deal.

• Members

Just noticed "GibsonUSA" posted this on the Gibson forum:

"ALL FIVE FINISHES ARE NOW SOLD OUT!

*Please check with your favorite Gibson dealer to find out what they ordered.

Shipments to dealers will resume late July! "

• Members

Just noticed "GibsonUSA" posted this on the Gibson forum:

"ALL FIVE FINISHES ARE NOW SOLD OUT!

*Please check with your favorite Gibson dealer to find out what they ordered.

Shipments to dealers will resume late July! "

Well if all they are going to sell is those limited amount of guitars and not even consider selling more, they are making a very dumb move.

Their sales prove they could sell a ton. So if they decide not to, it will be yet another boneheaded move on Gibson's part!

Would not surprise me in the least, however. They have been making boneheaded moves a lot lately. The dusk tiger being just one of many.

Archived