Kevman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Update:
It has been too long since my last update.

Dustin is doing well attending college (yeah) albeit he has to take his courses online and go in for testing only.
We are just about ready to enter into the "I can eat at restaurants again" era in the ongoing saga.

For a few weeks during my work induced absence from HC there were some concerns about Dustin's platelet levels. All is good now though and he doesnt have to return to the doctors until the end of the month! (his last visit was last Thursday). It's nice that he can put some time at home in between his Dr's visits. Hoping that the next visit will be the last visit to the transplant team and that he will be released back into the care of his original oncology staff whom we all love(love the transplant folks too fo-sho!).

He has been put on calcium and vitamin c to try and correct the slouch he has developed over the past 987983456 spinal taps and bone marrow biopsies (the dig the marrow from the top/back of his hip bones).

Personally I am as busy at work as I ever have been and since I am in sales that is a good thing. It does mean 14-18 hour days though and little time for anything but work. I haven't even sent out the smellycaster I donated to the raffle a couple of months back. I know, I'll get it done.

I broke my hand.right pinky (boxers fracture) hitting a wall during a fight with the kid's mom. stupid. I wrecked my car going on 3 weeks ago and still dont have it back from the body shop. I have been driving Dustball's car to work. I'm sure he'd like it back. Just got my cast off yesterday and am able to play again.YAY!!!

Still amazes me how awesome you folks are. The kids are on their way to spen the next 4 days with me. I'll get pics and post them up so you can all see what a Badass MOFO Cancer beater looks like!

Peace and it won't be so long next time I promise.

• Members

Still Great news Kevman. Was hoping no news was good news, and you guys were getting busy because life was starting to head towards normal. Wonderful to hear. Dustin continues to be in my(and I'm sure all of our) thoughts and prayers for continued progress, along with many prayers of thanksgiving for all of the success thus far. Thanks so very much for taking the time to update. Will continue to assume no news is good news !!

Take Care!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived