Mojo Needed..Fellow HCer is hurting.

Kevman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope everyone is doing ok out there. Happy belated Indepedence day to you American forumites.

Dustin started receiving his immuno suppressive chemo yesterday to prepare him for his 2nd bone marrow transplant. This should take place on July 10th.

Some of the side effects of this treatment are chills and high fever. We had both of those last night. Missed fireworks.

I got the boy a ton of cds and dvds for his collection on my way over yesterday. He is really digging Atom Heart Mother.

Not much of an update. Just sitting in this hospital day after day waiting for treatments, infusions, trying to keep from getting sick and now that we finally have a schedule, mostly waiting for day of transplant.

God bless America & God bless you all.
kev

• Members

I hope everyone is doing ok out there. Happy belated Indepedence day to you American forumites.

Dustin started receiving his immuno suppressive chemo yesterday to prepare him for his 2nd bone marrow transplant. This should take place on July 10th.

Some of the side effects of this treatment are chills and high fever. We had both of those last night. Missed fireworks.

I got the boy a ton of cds and dvds for his collection on my way over yesterday. He is really digging Atom Heart Mother.

Not much of an update. Just sitting in this hospital day after day waiting for treatments, infusions, trying to keep from getting sick and now that we finally have a schedule, mostly waiting for day of transplant.

kev

Stay strong my friend, stay strong.

This is all going to work out.

• Members

kev

Thanks Kev! And by this time next year, you guys will be rockin' all weekend long yourselves!

Prayers & mojo w/ a BANG!

• Members

Update:

Dustin's donor marrow arrived via airplane about midnight Thursday night from Europe (just found out donor was European). About 1 hour later this donor marrow was being infused into Dustin. Pretty Amazing. Within 24 hrs of donation the transplant was complete.

Cell count was good in the donor marrow so we have a good starting point.
Later on that same morning Dustin had some trouble keeping anything in his tummy. Not a fun way to wake up at 4:30. Beyond that nausea which lasted about 12 hrs or so he has felt pretty good.

He was told that he'd have to start doing some exercising as he has been pretty much motionless for going on 6 weeks now. He has been doing laps around the unit and hanging out in the nurses station late nights (in full gown gloves and mask). He likes to BS with the nurses and I think they enjoy him as well.

Sunday he had an allergic reaction to some platelets that were being transfused but they were on top of it quickly cutting the reaction to only some coughing and wheezing.

Last night I cooked chicken parm for him and he had about 1/2 a plate which made me feel good.

We are pretty much in "twiddle your thumbs" mode right now. He has some back and knee pain issues that the Dr. thinks can be helped with more activity hence the mandated laps around the unit.

Today is day +4 and around day +14 we should be able to tell if the transplant has taken. I'm sure it will engraft.

Boy is missing John Mayer tonight. So am I. Had the chance to go see Rush Saturday but hung out with me boyz instead. It was cool.

Don't know what else to add.

I saw that a fellow forum member lost his daughter recently and couldn't even think of one thing to post. So I will say here that I am sorry you have to deal with this loss. God bless you and your family.

I also have seen another forumite has fallen on some hard times. To this member I can only offer encouragement.

Remember:

The paths to our successes will be paved with our positive actions.

kev

Archived