Mojo Needed..Fellow HCer is hurting.

Kevman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not the praying type.But I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now.I know I how would feel.That being said I'll say a prayer for you and your family and have my wife and children do the same.Never give in. and for lack of a better phrase if youre gonna die...die hard.Good luck my friend

• Members

OK I am guilty of not updating you guys for too long.

We had the 2nd transplant as reported and things were going well. At day +9 (last Sat) Dustins white cell count was up to .9! thats higher than the entire time he has been in the hospital (previous high was .3). By the following Monday he was at 4.5!!! and on Tuesday they told us he'd be going HOME!!! on Thursday!! GO NEW BONE MARROW GO!!!!!!
By Thursday his white count was up to 7.0 and we pack his crap up and took him home! He has been tired. Worn down but relatively pain free. I went down this weekend and we watched Rocky 1&2 had a good chat. I swear he is my awesome hero man!

I have been on a whirlwind of good vibes and positive happenings and quite frankly not online much.

He was in the Drs today for his first checkup and his levels looked good improving all of the time. He has had the riot act read to him re: his teenage partying ways and I think he understands the importance of keeping himself out of risky situations and the fragility of his current condition.

Thank you all for your continued support, don't know how I would have gotten this far without you people. I don't know if Dustball has been responding to any email you all may have been sending but I know he has been reading it. His attitude has been improving almost daily since the 2nd transplant and I attribute some of the success of this thing to the positivety he has been bringing into the mix. I have friends that send him cards that are for lack of a better term "cheerleading" for the regeneration of bone marrow and I think it has worked!

I'll continue to post here whenever we have an update but Shamdog had the news first this time.

Peace & love & good happiness stuff.

• Members

I just heard from the doctor's office. They were so happy to see Dustin today. He is a totally different kid when he isnt hospitalized. I kept trying to tell them how great he is despite his sometimes grumpy exterior. They see it now!

His platelets are way up! This is a telling factor as the platelets are one of the last things you are able to produce after transplant. His white cell count was back down to 3.6 but anything from 4-11 is considered "normal" so they aren't freaking like I kind of am. The WBC counts will fluctuate and they fully expect to see the counts swing back up for Thursaday's visit.

Thought I'd share the news..

kev

• Members
OK I am guilty of not updating you guys for too long.

We had the 2nd transplant as reported and things were going well. At day +9 (last Sat) Dustins white cell count was up to .9! thats higher than the entire time he has been in the hospital (previous high was .3). By the following Monday he was at
4.5!!!
and on Tuesday they told us he'd be going HOME!!! on Thursday!! GO NEW BONE MARROW GO!!!!!!

By Thursday his white count was up to 7.0 and we pack his crap up and took him home! He has been tired. Worn down but relatively pain free. I went down this weekend and we watched Rocky 1&2 had a good chat. I swear he is my awesome hero man!

I have been on a whirlwind of good vibes and positive happenings and quite frankly not online much.

He was in the Drs today for his first checkup and his levels looked good improving all of the time. He has had the riot act read to him re: his teenage partying ways and I think he understands the importance of keeping himself out of risky situations and the fragility of his current condition.

Thank you all for your continued support, don't know how I would have gotten this far without you people. I don't know if Dustball has been responding to any email you all may have been sending but I know he has been reading it. His attitude has been improving almost daily since the 2nd transplant and I attribute some of the success of this thing to the positivety he has been bringing into the mix. I have friends that send him cards that are for lack of a better term "cheerleading" for the regeneration of bone marrow and I think it has worked!

I'll continue to post here whenever we have an update but Shamdog had the news first this time.

Peace & love & good happiness stuff.

Fantasitc Kev.
You have me with a few tears here.
I'm so, so happy for you all.
Now you have to try to keep a young, healthy male with wild hormones in check.:lol:
Time for the Strip Bar:love::love:
More prayers and Mojo to keep it all going well.:thu:

• Members

That is absolutely WONDERFUL news. I am seriously stoked. I echo what a previous poster said with respect to a few tears. This is the best news I've had in weeks guys. I can't possibly tell you both how happy I am for you. I'll continue the prayers for more improvement, with many thanks for the success so far. You guys are a true inspiration my friend. Keep the faith buddy. Normalcy is just around the corner!!!:thu:

Archived