Mojo Needed..Fellow HCer is hurting.

Kevman

• Members

All excellent news! :thu: Glad to hear it!!!!!

He has had the riot act read to him re: his teenage partying ways and I think he understands the importance of keeping himself out of risky situations and the fragility of his current condition.

Does this part mean no hookers yet?:p

Let us know. They're on stand by, ready & waiting!:wave::eek:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I just heard from the doctor's office. They were so happy to see Dustin today. He is a totally different kid when he isnt hospitalized. I kept trying to tell them how great he is despite his sometimes grumpy exterior. They see it now!

His platelets are way up! This is a telling factor as the platelets are one of the last things you are able to produce after transplant. His white cell count was back down to 3.6 but anything from 4-11 is considered "normal" so they aren't freaking like I kind of am. The WBC counts will fluctuate and they fully expect to see the counts swing back up for Thursaday's visit.

Thought I'd share the news..

kev

The inner strength and perseverance evident in you and your son are utterly humbling. It is hard to read this thread without being inspired and reminded how kind and tough some truly good people can be.
:)

• Members

To the Both of You!

As stated here before, as I wipe the tears away and kiss both my boys and my daughter -- I am so happy that all is well!

I spent the last hour or so getting the updates about Dust -- you two MEN are an inspiration to all of us! My family and I recently lost our home but it's all good -- that's why I haven't had the chance to check on you two guys!!

Continued MOJO sent your way, continued PRAYERS sent your way, continued my own personal "NON-SMOKING MOJO" sent your way and God Bless to you Kevman and Dustball!

To Kev and his son and to all that have posted to this thread, I say a special prayer for all of you that whatever is troubling you today -- lay it at the feet of our God and put your faith in Him that all will be good! I pray through the intercession of Christ Jesus, my saviour! Amen

Hang In Guys!!

Bob

• Members

Great news boys, it's good to see you enjoying some positive results. We need a marrow song for continued production.

Marrow marrow, grow hairo, fast like a camaro, MARROW!

Sorry :facepalm: for that.

Keep it up Kev and DB, your perseverance will be rewarded.

• Members

I'm sorry for taking so long to come over.
I wish you all the best. I have Multiple Myelome so I can certainly commiserate. I received word Thursday afternoon that my younger brother has contracted Leukemia as well. They were to run tests yesterday to determine just what it is.
There have been tremendous advances in treatments so keep your heads up, Dustball in particular will need to keep a positive attitude. Certainly keep a stem cell transplant open as an option if he responds and his blood levels get to a level where it's a safe alternative.
I'm going on 9 years out, 6 years beyond the normal life expectancy and I believe a lot of that is from good Karma and prayers sent my way. If you are a believer and attend church have prayers said for him. It does help.
Dustball will certainly be in my prayers and I'm pushing good karma that way as well.

Archived