Mojo Needed..Fellow HCer is hurting.

Kevman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

just emailed Dustin again...

Been trying to do that ever couple of weeks.... i do not know his access to his email, but i am with you guys and wishing you the best !!!

Hang tough for your boy Kevin, I can't imagine how hard this is on you, but put him and his battles in the forefront and defeat the mother {censored}ing battles... !!!

love you guys, hang tough !!!

• Members

OK,
WBC count is up to .3 for the second day in a row. That's 3% of what we are looking for to get my man out of isolation. .3 is his highest count since transplant and it's cool that it has held for 2 days. The update from the Dr. is that they are optimistic that this means things are beginning to regenerate. Of course fingers are crossed that this is the case. If it is, all credit goes to Dustin for turning his head around.

Dustin is like a changed man. His attitude seems to be much better over the last couple days. I think he is taking the fight to his condition via the mental route. This is good.

I appreciate your continued support (how many times can I say that?) and think that this forum's population are a special breed for sure.

Peace & Love
Kev

• Members

OK,

WBC count is up to .3 for the second day in a row. That's 3% of what we are looking for to get my man out of isolation. .3 is his highest count since transplant and it's cool that it has held for 2 days. The update from the Dr. is that they are optimistic that this means things are beginning to regenerate. Of course fingers are crossed that this is the case. If it is, all credit goes to Dustin for turning his head around.

Dustin is like a changed man. His attitude seems to be much better over the last couple days. I think he is taking the fight to his condition via the mental route. This is good.

I appreciate your continued support (how many times can I say that?) and think that this forum's population are a special breed for sure.

Peace & Love

Kev

Fantastic news.

He was just hangin' in there to mess with us.

That really is great news.

Very, very happy for you.

• Members

Sounding good....

Never underestimate the power of the mind.

I know missing things at 18 would suck ass.... and spending your late teens like this; I couldn't imagine. But the cat's 20's are gonna rock! Mucho mojo and keep him in high spirits!

• Members

Here we go again. Dustin's counts went down on Friday and the Doc couldn't wait any longer. The national bone marrow registry has been contacted to get in touch with Dustin's donor to let them know we need to re-transplant.

If all goes according to plan Wed should start 7 days of immuno-suppressive treatments and chemo which will end with a day of rest hopefully right on July 1st with 2nd transplant happening the 2nd.

I dont know what else to say.

Kev

• Members

Here we go again. Dustin's counts went down on Friday and the Doc couldn't wait any longer. The national bone marrow registry has been contacted to get in touch with Dustin's donor to let them know we need to re-transplant.

If all goes according to plan Wed should start 7 days of immuno-suppressive treatments and chemo which will end with a day of rest hopefully right on July 1st with 2nd transplant happening the 2nd.

Kev

sorry to hear that Kev, but hang tough for Dustin...

more prayers and mojo your way brother...

• Members

Kev

You just said it & everyone sees what you're feeling here, no need to put yourself through trying to come up w/ more words!

Prayers & Mojo are heading your way from all over the world everyday on this!

You guys WILL be pulling through this!

• Members

Kev

Man I hate to hear this.

All this up & down.

Kev, my prayers are with you.

Stay strong, I can only imagine how exhausting this is.

You will all pull through this.

• Members

Man,
One hell of a ride you guys are going through. I cannot even begin to imagine how challenging this is, and also how tough you guys are to deal with it. I'll keep the prayers going man. You guys just keep on keeping on, and know you have LOTS of folks praying for you, and sending the mojo. You guys will stay at the top of my list. Take care, stay strong, and thank you. Thank you for continuing to share your challenge with all of us. It lends great perspective to anything I see as a "trouble" in my life, and also provides me, (and I'm sure many others) great inspiration as to just how much fight we are capable of.

Large prayers and mojo sent guys !!!

• Members

Kev -

Just got back from vacation and read this. Tough news, but you're tougher. Hang tough, bro.

BTW - you saw the band room but did you see the beer fridge? It's always open for you. In fact, I just re-stocked it for the long weekend. Stop by if you're in town.

Rock on, dude.

Archived