Band names YOU thought were a good idea at the time...........

flori

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
  • Members

In the late 1970s I was in a top 40 cover band called "Back Door Frost". I have no idea who came up with that name, although I suspect it was the bass player, because he was one strange dude.

For some unknown reason, we always seemed to be the band chosen to play gigs for the Gay Activist Alliance. I remember once we performed for a beauty pageant of transvestites. Very strange gigs, but they paid well.

• Members

In the late 1970s I was in a top 40 cover band called "Back Door Frost". I have no idea who came up with that name, although I suspect it was the bass player, because he was one strange dude.

For some unknown reason, we always seemed to be the band chosen to play gigs for the Gay Activist Alliance. I remember once we performed for a beauty pageant of transvestites. Very strange gigs, but they paid well.

Oddly enough, the bass player is the one that came up with the name I posted above. Bass players and drummers, annoying twits the lot of em!

• Members

Throatgag (it was college, we were freshmen...:facepalm:)

Coda (a Zep cover band--lame name, but it got the message across. we actually made some money)

Zoroaster (we were convinced that was just so cool, until a bunch of pissed off Iranians came to a show......:eek:)

and last but not least, Dung (a very short-lived project, and suitably named :facepalm:)

• Members

I believe I saw your band billed in one of the clubs that buys space in the back of the Village Voice long ago.

i doubt it. the only show we played was in my friends basement and no one showed up because the guitarist put the wrong address on the flyers...

Archived