Band names YOU thought were a good idea at the time...........

flori

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When I used to drink alot, I hooked up with a few good players and we started gigging before we had a name. One night I was at the bar we met up at and taking a piss and thought that American Standard was funny because it was the brand of urinal.

Came to find out that it is the most popular band name in the US probably. I thought we should all get together and form a franchise. "Enter your zip code for the American Standard Band nearest you".

• Members

My friends had a punk band they called The Bin Ladens... right after 9/11... As you can imagine they got heckled at every show. I'm surprised no one in the band didn't get seriously injured by some pissed off redneck at some point.

• Members

Hmmm The garbage Bin Laddies? I have a couple I toy with: "Frickin'" as in "Are you playing that Frickin' music again?" and in a similar vein "{censored}" as in "Hey you guys sound like {censored}!" "Naw, we just opened for them once"... could have album titles like "Floaters" followed by "sinkers". You would have cover bands copying you, and club managers not hiring a band would say "Sorry, but you guys don't know {censored}". That sort of thing....

• Members

The Camel Tones

Love it!! How about (I always wanted this) Somebody and the Somethings. Was in a band called the AntiChryslers. Lee Iacocca on a cross as a backdrop. For real.

Scrotum. Already mentioned, Free Beer, Captain Cornhole and the Rectum Rangers (was a possibility back in the day). Vomit Pigs, Sharon Tate's Baby (actual TX punk bands)

• Members

I was in a band called The Special Guests. :facepalm: We then changed our name to 245 Trioxin (the chemical that turns people into zombies from Return of the Living Dead) but having to explain that EVERY {censored}ING TIME got really old.

There's a local band around here called: Coke Dick Motorcycle Awesome

There exists an 80's cover band called: Great White Lion Snake :lol:

My friends had a punk band they called The Bin Ladens... right after 9/11... As you can imagine they got heckled at every show. I'm surprised no one in the band didn't get seriously injured by some pissed off redneck at some point.

There's a band around here called The Gitmos. Three of them dress like stereotypical terrorists and the lead singer dresses up like Uncle Sam. They're pretty good actually. Punk rock type stuff.

Archived