OT: my mom passed away

awd83

• Members

Im sorry to post something like this here, but this is where I spend most of my online time. My mother passed away early yesterday morning. It was totally unexpected. She was 71. We don't know the exact cause, but we're thinking a diabetic coma induced stroke or heart attack. My dad is going to have to move in with me and my family, as she was all he had or knew, and she took care of EVERYTHING. They were married for nearly 49 years. It's been a lot harder than I ever expected.

Thank you.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mojo sent. Stay strong mang

My father moved in with me when my mother passed. He's been caring for her so it wasn't quite the same. And her demise was expected. Good to see you're there for the family.

Karma will thank you for it.

• Members

My condolences to you and your family. I lost my mom the end of April and all I can say is it sucks ... it sucks big time. Spend time with your loved ones and family, it helps. Keep her in your thoughts and heart, what was best of her will live on.

• Members

Condolences !

I lost my mother when she was just 60.5 yo. She had a brain aneurysm and it was actually the surgery to fix it that killed her.

It's tough losing a mom. Although I didn't break down into a major sob session when she passed, I've had 19 years since then to process the void created by her departure. Grieving for losses doesn't need to compacted into a moment because you have the rest of your life to reflect on what you had and what's now lost. My dad is now in the process of departing, but at least he made it to 83, but he was in great shape until he was taken down with dementia.

Sad to lose your parents.

• Members

Much love and condolences sent to you and your family.

When my mom passed away, my dad walked into a room filled with my older brothers, sister and family.

He immediately came to me and cried on my shoulder.

I more than felt a loss.

Your dad needs your love and understanding more than ever.

It is a Herculean act of love but be his strength and friend.

Archived