OT: my mom passed away

awd83

• Members

Please accept my humble condolences for your loss:facepalm:. When you lose a parent, it leaves a hole in your being that never closes fully, and still can promote emotions years later. Please, let your grief be brief, and always remember the lessions and teachings she instilled in you:wave:Remember, you will see her again one day, and she smiles down upon you from a greater place, free from pain and strife........................The REAL Rocker.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Im sorry to post something like this here, but this is where I spend most of my online time. My mother passed away early yesterday morning. It was totally unexpected. She was 71. We don't know the exact cause, but we're thinking a diabetic coma induced stroke or heart attack. My dad is going to have to move in with me and my family, as she was all he had or knew, and she took care of EVERYTHING. They were married for nearly 49 years. It's been a lot harder than I ever expected.

Thank you.

Mojo and prayers to you and your family.

You WILL get through this. OT posts for those needed support are always welcome here. Sometimes, just knowing people are in your corner is enough...

• Members

Mojo and my condolences to you and your family.

I lost my mother to a heart attack at age 64, almost eight years ago. I was just devastated. It was the worst thing I've ever gone through in my life. She was the center of the family, and her death changed everything. I still miss her to this day.

The loss will never go away, but the pain will fade over time. Be strong for your family.

• Members

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like you were close. I'm envious. My Dad's favorite story was the father that told his son to jump from the ledge and he would catch him. When the boy jumped the father moved out of the way, let him break a leg and said let that be a lesson to ya. Being the oldest and most honest of the brood, I'm the one that had to learn that lesson the hard way. My parents are now very old and circling the drain and wonder why I don't care to call and talk to them.

Sorry about that. Condolences sent.

• Members
Im sorry to post something like this here, but this is where I spend most of my online time. My mother passed away early yesterday morning. It was totally unexpected. She was 71. We don't know the exact cause, but we're thinking a diabetic coma induced stroke or heart attack. My dad is going to have to move in with me and my family, as she was all he had or knew, and she took care of EVERYTHING. They were married for nearly 49 years. It's been a lot harder than I ever expected.

Thank you.

I do understand your pain. And I can sympathize in the extreme, as my mother will soon die also. The best that I can say is that without death there would be no meaning to life, but that idea does not lessen the emotional loss.

• Members

Losing parents is tough. My worst day on earth was holding My mom's hand as she took her last breath.

Time will never erase your love for her or her love for you, but it will make the pain easier as it goes by.

I wish you and your family peace in the days ahead.

Archived