People on forums

saxual

• Members

I find it curious on forums that because someone has a large post count they think you should trust them.

It seems like in these forum worlds that if someone bloviates alot their opinion is worth more as well.

Beware of the guy that wont even give you his contact info, outside of this forum, and wants to trade.

However I wouldn't trust a new guy(like myself) to the forum either. However if that same guy can give you other personal, verifiable information it changes the game.

Then the guy with the large post count, is just a guy with alot of time on his hands.

Post count only counts in this fake forum world..........:rolleyes:

• Members

If you're talking about the classifieds section, then yeah, I think most of us are less likely to trust someone who's brand new to the forum. I also think that's entirely reasonable and not worth getting upset about. Most who've been here longer have traded, bought, or sold on the forum at some point. Someone who registered yesterday obviously hasn't. People don't trust someone to trade with because they have ten thousand posts, they trust them because they've been here for a long time without screwing somebody over.

• Members

My post count is short by roughly 20k because of HC 2.0. In reality all that means is I had a lot of papers to write, a couple wasted Saturdays here or there and a whole bunch of time spent learning and helping.

I think a person's forum reputation is more important than how many things they've said. Just like in real life, the guy who says the most is rarely the wisest, and longevity says something.

• Members

I find it curious on forums that because someone has a large post count they think you should trust them.

It seems like in these forum worlds that if someone bloviates alot their opinion is worth more as well.

Beware of the guy that wont even give you his contact info, outside of this forum, and wants to trade.

However I wouldn't trust a new guy(like myself) to the forum either. However if that same guy can give you other personal, verifiable information it changes the game.

Then the guy with the large post count, is just a guy with alot of time on his hands.

Post count only counts in this fake forum world..........
:rolleyes:

I read this looking for something new or original. Didn't see anything :idk:

But I don't think people necessarily trust each other here because of the number of their posts. To some degree you get to know them from the posts they write and from feedback from others. Like I know that if I agreed to send money to Lou or Alan that I would receive the guitar. But duration is more of a key.

• Members

Post count means nothing. I look more at join date. If someone just joined and already has a few thousand posts, they probably have a lot of time on their hands and they are not using it for guitar related activities. When you hang out here for a while you get a feel for who knows something and who is just killing time. There's lots of people here with tens of thousands of posts and you see them most often in the OT threads. ESPECIALLY in the amp forum.

Hell, I remember back when there were "Get your post count up" threads where people would just come in and post "bump" over and over. Some people seem to think post count is a measure of their manhood.

(it's not)

• Members

I find it curious that a noob would post this kind of BS...I smell a troll...:rolleyes:

• Members

I've met some really cool people through HC forum.......David (BlackHatHunter); Marc (Marc....I forgot your #'s) and Brian (Brian Krashpad)......I jammed with Brian in his office too.
There's more that I'd like to meet.........and those who I'd avoid:rolleyes:
Lots of good people here no matter what their post count is.

Actually, I met Frets99 (Alan) over 40 years ago.
We both went to St. John's Prep last century.:wave:

• Members

Post count means nothing. I look more at join date. If someone just joined and already has a few thousand posts, they probably have a lot of time on their hands and they are not using it for guitar related activities. When you hang out here for a while you get a feel for who knows something and who is just killing time. There's lots of people here with tens of thousands of posts and you see them most often in the OT threads. ESPECIALLY in the amp forum.

Hell, I remember back when there were "Get your post count up" threads where people would just come in and post "bump" over and over. Some people seem to think post count is a measure of their manhood.

(it's not)

Bump

• Members

Here in our little fake forum world, we have devised a thing called The Good Trader's List. That's where the rubber meets the road. How many favorable transactions do YOU have?

Most of the people who have screwed other people over via trades/transactions have had low post counts and didn't feel themselves part of the online community, fake as it may be.

• Members
I've met some really cool people through HC forum.......David (BlackHatHunter); Marc (Marc....I forgot your #'s) and Brian (Brian Krashpad)......I jammed with Brian in his office too.

There's more that I'd like to meet.........and those who I'd avoid:rolleyes:

Lots of good people here no matter what their post count is...

:thu:

Lou is one of the good guys.

• Members

If I've had a chance to hear someone's clips or playing, I'll put more (or less, depending on how they play!) stock in their opinions. Posting does not equal knowing anything or being good at guitar, and there are definitely some people who spew out a bunch of bogus crap despite having thousands upon thousands of posts.

Archived