Nov 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by harold heckuba

View Post

You could not stack them the last time they had a similar sale.

Quote Originally Posted by harold heckuba

View Post

Last time there were restrictions on the "gift cards", one per order. They dont come as a gift card, but rather as a credit to your account.

Still, a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by watsonaka

View Post

I asked a couple CSRs and they said they were just like cash and thus were stackable. They also said they could be used with promo codes. But I do have my doubts. We shall see soon.

Quote Originally Posted by aporcelainsky

View Post

seriously? why wouldn't you be able to stack gift cards?

Yeah, lots of questions regarding their use. I do not doubt that it is a good deal, and I surely hope they're not similar to those Living Social spend $25 for $50 codes. I too asked CSRs about them. One even told me that it was good for 90 days, which is completely opposite what it ways on the 150% PM page online. One told me I'd get it as soon as the order shipped. Another said within two weeks, etc.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by thesockmonster

View Post

Also, can the living social deals be stacked with sales?

I was able to use mine on a sale item, but I had to call in and kind of complain a bit before they let me do it. I could not apply the code from the website.

• Members

when was this? I remember 2 years ago they had the deals like spend $250 for a $400 gift certificate or something. I remember buying those. Was this that deal?

Quote Originally Posted by thesockmonster

View Post

They had a deal - $25 for $50 value.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion1

View Post

when was this? I remember 2 years ago they had the deals like spend $250 for a $400 gift certificate or something. I remember buying those. Was this that deal?

No. Couple of weeks ago it was "$25 for $50 credit at MF." thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by eeddings

View Post

I am wondering the specifics on these "gift certificates" as well, since it doesn't exactly spell it out. It just says this:

"You can then use that money on anything Musician's Friend sells (limited restrictions apply). Gift certificates are valid through 1/31/2013."

Here are my questions:

• What are the "limited restrictions"?
  • Are they just like cash?
  • If you have more than one, can they can be stacked on the same order?
  • Can they be used for "on sale" items?
  • Are certain manufacturers excluded?

I'm checking on this right now with Marketing. I've heard that they are sent two weeks after purchase, and would be same as cash, meaning that they could be used with other offers. I want to double check though, as I'm not familiar with what the exclusions may be. I'll let everyone know once I find out more, hopefully later today.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by theManfromAlabam

View Post

That living social $25 for a MF $50 gift card thing was a pain in the ass, however, I did end up getting a Zoom G1N on the cheap...it took a while for MF to accept it...the experience and my time was not worth $25.

Tried a couple times on their website but it did not let me buy anything. Got a refund. I will never buy a GC again!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BluesTuesday

View Post

Tried a couple times on their website but it did not let me buy anything. Got a refund. I will never buy a GC again!

See my problem is if I want to buy something that is $250, that is $25 in tax I have to pay. I can't use the no tax in CA code with it so the $25 savings is wiped out. I might as well buy the item with the no tax code or from another retailer. The voucher is almost useless for me.

Archived