Nov 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, This is what this month's deal thread has done to me (Sorry about the poor pic quality):

Iphonepics525.jpg

Schecter PT Standard, Fender Highway One Strat, Gibson Studio Les Paul and a Vox Night Train all in the same month eek.gif

Not shown is a Mexican Tele I also happened to score, but I've decided to sell it. Looks like I'm doing a lot of overtime in the next month rolleyes.gif

Thanks to all who posted their dealsthumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by D-log

View Post

Well, This is what this month's deal thread has done to me (Sorry about the poor pic quality):

Iphonepics525.jpg

Schecter PT Standard, Fender Highway One Strat, Gibson Studio Les Paul and a Vox Night Train all in the same month eek.gif

Not shown is a Mexican Tele I also happened to score, but I've decided to sell it. Looks like I'm doing a lot of overtime in the next month rolleyes.gif

Thanks to all who posted their dealsthumb.gif

Man, that is awesome! thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by maggles

View Post

Hi guys,

I just got a personal 20% off coupon from Guitar Center in my email that I want to use on an amp. Will MF match the 20% off so I can skip the sales tax?

Thanks,

maggles

Here's the thing, MF, GC, M123, and WWBW, and Music Arts, and probably a couple others are the same company and the same rep can put in an order under any of those companies. I'd just call in, tell them you have the coupon, and ask him if he can enter the order under MF so you can skip the tax. I actually had the opposite happen to me the other day. I called M123 to place an order, at the end of the order the guy read me the total and added tax. I asked him why they were suddenly adding tax to my orders and he said "well, we have a store front in a city in your state so we have to add tax." I then quickly went to M123's FAQ and found the info on sales tax and read it to him and it did not include my state. When I finished reading it to him he said "oh....you were calling M123? I put the order in under Music Arts....hold on...lemme redo the order under the M123 system..." and it finally rang it up without tax.

My guess is you should be able to find a rep that will let you do what you want.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by maggles

View Post

Hi guys,

I just got a personal 20% off coupon from Guitar Center in my email that I want to use on an amp. Will MF match the 20% off so I can skip the sales tax?

Thanks,

maggles

MF and GC are the same company. If there is a GC in your state, you will likely have to pay tax.

Quote Originally Posted by harold heckuba

View Post

WTF? Why dont you ask them?

And this.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbicus

View Post

MF and GC are the same company. If there is a GC in your state, you will likely have to pay tax.

They are under the same umbrella but somehow, technically, on paper, they are seen as separate entities so just because there's a GC in your state doesn't mean you'll have to pay tax if you order from MF. I order from MF and M123 with no tax and there's a GC right down the street from me.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MikeArta

View Post

Is this experience common?

I went with an M123 lower immediate price PM on Les Paul Junior Special over the MF match + GC deal - mostly because MF wouldn't match on my desired color (long back story omitted).

The guitar arrived yesterday - and it's awesome - but the M123 order still doesn't appear under "Orders in "My Account" and I've received no 123 Reward points for the purchase. Two messages to Customer service have been ignored.

Is this M123 standard policy for price matches or am I getting hosed?

FWIW - I was also told that the MF certificates were "like cash"

Sorry for the confusion with the M123 quotes. The short explanation is that Music123 actually runs on two different websites; one old platform that has the quoting functionality built in, and the new site which does not. Your account is on the new site, but we have to direct you back to the old site for the quote.

Quote Originally Posted by brianeharmonjr

View Post

Yeah, damaged in shipping and not keeping it, but they don't have any more Midtown Standard P-90 models left. I only got it because it was too good of a deal to pass up with the gift certificate, and I'm sure they'll make me a deal on something else, but I can't really afford to keep it if I'm not still getting the gift certificate and I'm not sure I can make my money back if I don't like it and need to sell. Just a {censored}ty situation and further pushing me away from Gibson-style necks. I don't think I've had any better than 50/50 luck on shipping or having Gibson-style necks shipped to me. Not a good start to my day.

I got your PM and have replied. Again, I'm truly sorry this happened and I look forward to getting it taken care of for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyer160

View Post

MAP violation? A customer posted an email from your company on an internet forum- that's not advertising. It sounds more like your company has completely screwed the pooch on this pricematch fiasco and you're in spin-control mode. It's obvious the right hand at MF/GC/M123 doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

I appreciate you're in a tough position, but don't just make up bull{censored}. Somebody above your paygrade needs to make a call on this, so get back to us when they do.

I'm sorry if it seemed like I was making any thing up. I assure you that I am not. Navigating MAP agreements with our vendors can be extremely complicated, and some vendors will hold us accountable if an email from us goes from being on a person-to-person basis to the public realm. Be it email (or we post on a forum where we've identified ourselves as an employee), they can consider that a form of advertising as soon as we put in writing and it's where everyone can see it.

The change for the better I referenced earlier is that we will not have any brand exclusions on the 50% difference codes being sent out for price matches. This is also a part of why I want that brand list removed. The last thing we all need is more confusion on this.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbicus

View Post

GC owns MF, but we are separate companies. The way I think of it is like father and son. We're related, but not the same person. MF only has to charge tax in states we physically have a presence regardless of GC's presence.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chbaker

View Post

Sorry for the confusion with the M123 quotes. The short explanation is that Music123 actually runs on two different websites; one old platform that has the quoting functionality built in, and the new site which does not. Your account is on the new site, but we have to direct you back to the old site for the quote.

I appreciate the inside baseball info -- but that doesn't address my lack of rewards/VIP points on the order.

Help?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MikeArta

View Post

I appreciate the inside baseball info -- but that doesn't address my lack of rewards/VIP points on the order.

Help?

Sorry I missed that. It comes down to the differing sites again. The Rewards program is on the new site, the only thing on the old site is quoting. We should be able to manually add the points for you once your order is outside the return policy. All you'll need to do is reach out to us after the order's been placed.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by artiem

View Post

How about we all pummel Mr. Baker with every little nit-picky question we can dream up?

I don't think wondering why these gift cards still can't be stacked or used on sale/clearance items qualifies as a nit-picky question when I was specifically told these were the same as cash and were stackable when I originally placed my order. Still wondering if Mr. Baker is doing anything to try to fix that huge mess.

• Members

View Post

How about we all pummel Mr. Baker with every little nit-picky question we can dream up?

Exactly. Jesuschrist, with you guys. Not enough that they matched a blowout price, but they give you hundreds of dollars in store credit, and it's still not enough. Some confused CSR misspoke, and now the company has to be held to strict liability?!?!

I bet some of you still have orders that haven't shipped yet. Shoot Mr. Baker an email with the order number and just cancel the goddamned thing.

Do you crybabies even play guitar?! tongue.gif Have wonderful evenings!

• Members

View Post

I'm happy to answer any questions people may have, although I will say that emailing forums@musiciansfriend.com may get you answers faster. I've got people checking those emails pretty much around the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by aporcelainsky

View Post

I don't think wondering why these gift cards still can't be stacked or used on sale/clearance items qualifies as a nit-picky question when I was specifically told these were the same as cash and were stackable when I originally placed my order. Still wondering if Mr. Baker is doing anything to try to fix that huge mess.

I'm checking on the stackable/used/on sale part right now.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by cbh5150

View Post

Looks like Sam Ash snuck in another blowout - either that, or I just didn't notice before...wink.gif

ESP LTD EC256 Eclipse Electric Guitar in two-tone sunburst, normally $399, marked down to $199.99 (price shows up on checkout).

EEC2562TB_lg.jpg

Also, wine red Midtowns are gone - they still show CSB, VS and FB, though.

Is there a trick to this or am I too late? i show 299

Archived