Nov 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by megawzrd

View Post

This was the first I saw regarding "good as cash", not to discredit the posters words but this is word of mouth from post #827.

Who knows if there is a Justin at MF...anyways the price match guarantee has always stated: "You can then use that money on anything Musician's Friend sells (limited restrictions apply). Gift certificates are valid through 1/31/2013."

I am fine with limited restrictions, but there sure is a lot of thread crapping here on speculation. I can understand some irritation to Chris's latest post about gcs not being combinable or stackable. Maybe you were told "good as cash" on the phone, but that is a separate issue.

Don't get you panties in a bunch yet...relax.

That was my post and yes Justin is a real person at MF. At least he is the person who took my order. I kept very good notes on my deals Thursday and Friday. I posted moments after speaking with Justin and just double-checked my notes. They are spot on with my post. hopefully you noticed I prefaced my entire post with FWIW. I was just sharing what the CSR had told me, thinking maybe others might find it useful. No warranty was expressed or implied in my post wink.gif

I'm not going to negotiate my Gift Certificates in his thread. I'll do that with MF when I spend them. Regardless, this was my best Black Friday in years!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by birdwax

View Post

Thanks. I'll give it another shot. It's good to know that Sonic Electronix is an authorized dealer. But how did you convince your CSR of that, or did you not have to?

I told him I had an email from Justin at ESP (I know weird coincidence) and he didn't question me on it. Was that simple.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350205[/ATTACH]

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Salsage

View Post

wow. some of us got great deals on nice gear from MF.

Why wouldnt there be some limits on the GC's? I was never under the impression it was same as cash, at least no one implied that to me. The word Gifts in there so I would expect limits, but thats me.

I'm a consumer just like you guys but I think they're entitled to make $omething $omewhere.

Yeah, I too had two different CSRs tell me the 150% price match "gift certificates" were just like cash; "Just like buying a gift card" one even told me. I had a feeling that this wasn't true, especially after the Living Social fiasco. I have written down "$30 GC same as cash" in my online shopping notes for the ZW90 deal. I asked about the gift certificates when I called in for the Hercules stand, and was told basically the same thing. (Yes, I take notes. I buy a lot online on Black Friday and that is the only way to keep track to make sure I receive everything.)

I'm not complaining -- I'm sure there will be plenty of that to come in this thread. I like many others here just wish MF Marketing and Customer Service (and maybe even Legal?) were on the same page right from the start when that 150% price match guarantee went live. I'm sure Mr. Baker, his team, and everyone else at Musician's Friend wish the same as well. I know there were people thinking they'd be able to buy another Gibson by stacking their two $450 and $525 "gift certificates", and why wouldn't they think that if they're told that the gift certificates are like cash?

What baffles me the most is why in the world would they not just mark their prices down to match SamAsh, Zzsounds, AMS, etc. on the MF website when those prices went live on Thanksgiving? Seems to me it would've been a whole lot cheaper (and less headache for the MF Customer Service department) to just match the prices instead of matching them *and* giving out these "gift certificates" on top of the match. Having said that' I'm glad they didn't. It's a clever marketing strategy, that's for sure.

I'll be curious to hear what people actually are able to buy with their gift certificates. Maybe another thread needs to be created just for that. :-D

• Members

You guys take notes?!?! Oh man, too much.

A silver lining though: G&L and Godin always seem to work on those MF coupon codes without having to bother with calling. Pick up a US-made Legacy or ASAT, or one of those Kingpin 5th Avenue hollowbodies with your GCs.

• Members

I take notes because I do all my Christmas shopping on Black Friday. It's pretty common for me to have 20 packages in the mail after Black Friday. There really isn't a better time to get the toys the kids want (online) in my experience, not to mention the toys I want. If I wait until mid to late December, the hot toys may be sold out (Turbo Man!). I just get it all done on Black Friday. I'm not running a business or flipping/reselling things. I know people do, but it just isn't my thing or worth my time. The older I get, the higher a price I put on my time.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by eeddings

View Post

I have written down "$30 GC same as cash" in my online shopping notes for the ZW90 deal. I asked about the gift certificates when I called in for the Hercules stand, and was told basically the same thing. (Yes, I take notes. I buy a lot online on Black Friday and that is the only way to keep track to make sure I receive everything.)

I know its not a deal but this is just what people are complaining about, I called immediately on that ZW90 and got that we are unable to match that price because its a sale type line. Of course that was after the guy said "They are selling it for the same price". Really!? You think I would be that deft to call your 800 number, sit through the phone menu, get you on the line, provide you a store, link and price only to go oh damn your right I just wasted both of our time for nothing. Seriously.

I know the game is to deny deny till your forced to comply but if your going to do this is it that hard to be aware. Especially when it comes to things like black friday sales where every company posts a list of the deals on the homepage.

No butthurt expressed or implied just throwing that out there for whoever is reading this from MF that that ZW90 is one of the prime examples of a no brainer price match that got denied.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarzan58

View Post

15% Off Everything (?) at Austin Bazaar

Promo Code DEAL15

Example: A Squier Classic Vibe Tele is $301.74 shipped with no sales tax except in Texas.

These guys are legit and authorized for Fender, Squier, Martin, Marshall, Orange, etc. etc. etc.

http://www.austinbazaar.com/Guitars-..._campaign=menu

They have a price match policy, too. (It's the button labeled "Daily Special" on the product page)

And you get FREE PICKS ™ and a bunch of other crap free, too (use the accesory pull-down on the product page)

The coupon code will work on top of the price match? Have you done this?

• Members

Hey guys,

I'm very sorry that the information wasn't clear up front, and that we gave incorrect information regarding it being same as cash when you asked. I've passed the feedback over to our Marketing team, and we'll work to prevent this lack of clarity from happening again in the future.

As far as using these codes, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised on what actually qualifies online when you go to use them. If it doesn't work, you'll be connected to one of my guys on live chat, who will help get you taken care of. The bottom line is that we're here to make you happy. I'm sure we'll be able to work something out for you, if not by live chat then by phone or email.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chbaker

View Post

Hey guys,

I'm very sorry that the information wasn't clear up front, and that we gave incorrect information regarding it being same as cash when you asked. I've passed the feedback over to our Marketing team, and we'll work to prevent this lack of clarity from happening again in the future.

As far as using these codes, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised on what actually qualifies online when you go to use them. If it doesn't work, you'll be connected to one of my guys on live chat, who will help get you taken care of. The bottom line is that we're here to make you happy. I'm sure we'll be able to work something out for you, if not by live chat then by phone or email.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

Sounds good to me!

Are we able to use two gift certificates on the same order? Not a huge deal to me as my other will only be like $25. I am sure others are quite interested in the answer.

• Members

Is this experience common?

I went with an M123 lower immediate price PM on Les Paul Junior Special over the MF match + GC deal - mostly because MF wouldn't match on my desired color (long back story omitted).

The guitar arrived yesterday - and it's awesome - but the M123 order still doesn't appear under "Orders in "My Account" and I've received no 123 Reward points for the purchase. Two messages to Customer service have been ignored.

Is this M123 standard policy for price matches or am I getting hosed?

FWIW - I was also told that the MF certificates were "like cash"

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MikeArta

View Post

Is this experience common?

I went with an M123 lower immediate price PM on Les Paul Junior Special over the MF match + GC deal - mostly because MF wouldn't match on my desired color (long back story omitted).

The guitar arrived yesterday - and it's awesome - but the M123 order still doesn't appear under "Orders in "My Account" and I've received no 123 Reward points for the purchase. Two messages to Customer service have been ignored.

Is this M123 standard policy for price matches or am I getting hosed?

FWIW - I was also told that the MF certificates were "like cash"

I'm not sure, but I think if they send you a price match quote that is accepted, you forfeit the rewards points - not sure if that is buried in their T&C.

The "special" link that they send you on a price match for whatever reason does not allow you to sign into your account, which is a PITA because then you have to reenter all of your info - unless it's a system glitch idn_smilie.gif

Archived